Streaming Internet Radio items not working with RSP

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Streaming Internet Radio items not working with RSP

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    grommet
    Participant

The various behaviors, unless my test environment is tainted:

A) iTunes Client talking to iTunes Server: All extra metadata in Playlist URL entries saved in iTunes Playlists are hidden in normal “eyeball button” library Browse and the “search” box. (This is the exact same behavior when using iTunes locally.) The Playlist URL entries never appear outside of the Playlist itself; the “Library” doesn’t see it.

B) iTunes Client talking to Firefly svn-1301: All extra metadata in Playlist URL entries are visible in normal “eyeball button” browse and the “search” box. Genre entries are the biggest offender, since the other fields are normally blank unless you’ve set them yourself. The Playlist URL entries appear in the normal library.

C) SoundBridge to iTunes Server: Equivalent of B.

D) SoundBridge to Firefly svn-1301 (thanks to your hack fix): Equivalent of A.

Make sense? “B” is the concern.

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

B) iTunes Client talking to Firefly svn-1301: All extra metadata in Playlist URL entries are visible in normal “eyeball button” browse and the “search” box. Genre entries are the biggest offender, since the other fields are normally blank unless you’ve set them yourself. The Playlist URL entries appear in the normal library.

Ooooh… now I get you. The eyeball thing. I never use that.

No wonder I didn’t realize what you were saying.

grommet
    Participant

Slight update to “D)” behavior with your hack… the Playlist URLs still appear in “Browse Songs” on the SoundBridge, so it’s not exactly like an iTunes client “A)” If one attempts to play all tracks randomly (Browse Songs… Play… Shuffle Button) , a Radio link can still be caught in the shuffle. Well, it would fail via RSP currently… but ignore that. πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

Well, it would fail via RSP currently… but ignore that. πŸ™‚

Yowch! Don’t forget to twist once you got that in!

Feel the love.

πŸ™‚

grommet
    Participant

Just to follow up on this thread… the inability to play iTunes radio stations in iTunes Playlists over RSP is fixed in firmware on SoundBridge (currently in “mini beta”). Yay.

Ron, you ever figure out what’s “different” in Firefly that changes the behavior of the iTunes client? (The “B” scenario.)

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

Just to follow up on this thread… the inability to play iTunes radio stations in iTunes Playlists over RSP is fixed in firmware on SoundBridge (currently in “mini beta”). Yay.

Ron, you ever figure out what’s “different” in Firefly that changes the behavior of the iTunes client? (The “B” scenario.)

No, I’m still stuck in the “try to make the stupid thing work PERIOD” state.

As a personal favor, though, I’ll take a look at this and the multi-composer thing tonight.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

πŸ˜€ You’re getting there, Ron! Thanks.

grommet
    Participant

So, I’m taking a wild stab here… it looks like iTunes doesn’t add the entries into the pseudo-playlist called “Library” when putting entries (like Playlist URLs dragged from the Radio tab) directly into a iTunes Playlists. So, these entries only live inside the Playlist and for general “Library” browsing, iTunes won’t show them. ❓ I think Firefly puts everything into Library?

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

So, I’m taking a wild stab here… it looks like iTunes doesn’t add the entries into the pseudo-playlist called “Library” when putting entries (like Playlist URLs dragged from the Radio tab) directly into a iTunes Playlists. So, these entries only live inside the Playlist and for general “Library” browsing, iTunes won’t show them. ❓ I think Firefly puts everything into Library?

That’s what I don’t get. It *has* to live in library. You can’t have something in a playlist if it isn’t in the library. Playlists contain nothing but id references to library entries.

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.