You are here: Home » Topic » Streaming Internet Radio items not working with RSPpage 2

Streaming Internet Radio items not working with RSP

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Streaming Internet Radio items not working with RSP

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

Just to follow up on this thread… the inability to play iTunes radio stations in iTunes Playlists over RSP is fixed in firmware on SoundBridge (currently in “mini beta”). Yay.

Ron, you ever figure out what’s “different” in Firefly that changes the behavior of the iTunes client? (The “B” scenario.)

No, I’m still stuck in the “try to make the stupid thing work PERIOD” state.

As a personal favor, though, I’ll take a look at this and the multi-composer thing tonight.

— Ron

grommet
    Participant

😀 You’re getting there, Ron! Thanks.

grommet
    Participant

So, I’m taking a wild stab here… it looks like iTunes doesn’t add the entries into the pseudo-playlist called “Library” when putting entries (like Playlist URLs dragged from the Radio tab) directly into a iTunes Playlists. So, these entries only live inside the Playlist and for general “Library” browsing, iTunes won’t show them. ❓ I think Firefly puts everything into Library?

rpedde
    Participant

@grommet wrote:

So, I’m taking a wild stab here… it looks like iTunes doesn’t add the entries into the pseudo-playlist called “Library” when putting entries (like Playlist URLs dragged from the Radio tab) directly into a iTunes Playlists. So, these entries only live inside the Playlist and for general “Library” browsing, iTunes won’t show them. ❓ I think Firefly puts everything into Library?

That’s what I don’t get. It *has* to live in library. You can’t have something in a playlist if it isn’t in the library. Playlists contain nothing but id references to library entries.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.