Stopping and (re)Starting Firefly from a DOS Command

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Stopping and (re)Starting Firefly from a DOS Command

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I seem to be getting access error when I try to backup my Music Directory using Acronis Trueimage 10 if Firefly is running at the same time (I also have Slimserver running at the same time which may also be causing part of the problem)

I want to create 2 simple .BAT files that I can get acronis to run before and after the backup to stop and restart the firefly service. I’ve tried simple firefly.exe /stop from a DOS prompt but this doesn’t seem to work. Is there a simple switch i can put after the exe to stop the service (and equally is there another to restart the service??)

Any pointers would be appreciated

cheers

tuttonp

EVILRipper
    Participant

I don’t think firefly will get in the way when making a backup of your music dir.
    A quick glance of firefly’s way of working:
    It scans the music on startup and indexes it in a database.
    That database is used for pretty much everything unless a song is requested for stream.
    So as long as you’re not streaming a song using firefly, firefly won’t touch the music dir.
    Moreover, I don’t think it would matter if a song is being streamed and copied by another source at the same time. Not sure about this one.

So I’d say SlimServer is the one causing trouble. I have no knowledge about slimserver however, so I could be wrong.

fizze
    Participant

I’m not sure but I think the firefly installer creates a windows service.
    The service can be started/stopped with:

net start [servicename]
    net stop [servicename]
    EVILRipper
    Participant

Oh. Right. Windows.
    I didn’t really realise firefly is running on Windows. (I should have..)

Yup, then I would suggest the same as fizze. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

@EVILRipper wrote:

Oh. Right. Windows.
    I didn’t really realise firefly is running on Windows. (I should have..)

Yup, then I would suggest the same as fizze. 🙂

Sorry, I didn’t make that very clear in my first post

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.