Static playlist not picked up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zak

Hi,

I’ve got an /etc/mt-daapd.playlist and it’s mentioned in my config file as:

playlist = /etc/mt-daapd.playlist

which used to work fine. But none of the “smart” playlists contained within appear when I browse the share these days (probably since I upgraded to nightlies). If I strace the server from startup, I can see it never even stats the file.

Does mt-daapd no longer do file-based smart playlists? If not, why not? If it still does, what am I missing here?

Cheers in advance,

Zak

zak

/me finds:

Biggest thing, though, is the return of the smart playlists. Smart playlists are now done with a hand-rolled rd parser rather than a lex/yacc parser. The playlist criteria are also now stored in the database so that updates can be made while the daemon is running, without requiring a restart. Yee-ha.

Presumably that means no, no more file-based smart playlists ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@zak wrote:

/me finds:

Biggest thing, though, is the return of the smart playlists. Smart playlists are now done with a hand-rolled rd parser rather than a lex/yacc parser. The playlist criteria are also now stored in the database so that updates can be made while the daemon is running, without requiring a restart. Yee-ha.

Presumably that means no, no more file-based smart playlists ๐Ÿ™‚

Correct — the playlists are edited through the web interface on the “smart” tab.

They will probably go back into a file again, though, as I’ve had something of a change of heart.

— Ron

zak

FWIW, I preferred them in a file, because they feel like configuration. And because I occasionally (well, twice) wipe out my DB and start over, then curse under my breath when I realise I’ve got to recreate them through the web interface, which prompts me to ask stupid questions on the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@zak wrote:

FWIW, I preferred them in a file, because they feel like configuration. And because I occasionally (well, twice) wipe out my DB and start over, then curse under my breath when I realise I’ve got to recreate them through the web interface, which prompts me to ask stupid questions on the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

/nods. The very reason I’m going to put them back in a file. FWIW, a -r, or a “full rescan” from the web interface drops all tables (except the playlists) and rebuilds the tables from scratch, which solves everything except corrupt database without losing the playlists. :/

fizze
    Participant

yeah. a imho “clean” solution would be to export the playlists table to a file (which would be specified via a config value), or even to a directory, and the ability to import these, and to delete them all.

So one could have a few sets of smart playlists defined, and nicely manage them (for testing) and/or for real use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.