Static Play Lists

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    w8tah

Hi folks:

I installed the masked upgrade of mt-daapd from gentoo and its sweet. the server is up and serving music. I found out how i can create smart playlists and those are kewl. Now im wondering about static playlists. For example — i tend to put together mixes of various artists that may consit of 20 – 30 songs that i really like from the collected works of a particular artist – or prehaps by genra.

If it would be possible to do these that woudl be SUPER cool

I really appreciate the help

one further question if i may – im planning on implementing this program at home also (this implementation is at work) and im wondering about a linux player that is compatible with this. I use Itunes here

rpedde
    Participant

@w8tah wrote:

If it would be possible to do these that woudl be SUPER cool

It will read regular m3u files as long as the “process_m3u” is set to 1 (or yes, in the web admin).

There are any number of m3u editing programs out there, so I’ll leave the googling of them as an exersize to the reader. (or to other readers willing to suggest — I use “find” as my m3u editor, so I don’t really know any)

one further question if i may – im planning on implementing this program at home also (this implementation is at work) and im wondering about a linux player that is compatible with this. I use Itunes here

I use rhythmbox at work, while another guy uses banshee. I think rhythmbox is best (obviously) although it is kind of feature-poor and stodgy. Banshee is sexier, but seems more crashy and buggy.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.