Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    naturedudeks
    Participant

Ron,

I decided I should help myself and learn to build from source. Used 0.2.4.1 stable. I thought I had everything working, the compile and install looked OK. Setup the configuration files, the rc.d setup, etc. But when I start it, I get:

The OS is ClarkConnect 4.2 (CentOS4 / RHEL 4). Any idea what I did wrong? I’m sooooooooo close.

Thanks!

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Ron,

I decided I should help myself and learn to build from source. Used 0.2.4.1 stable. I thought I had everything working, the compile and install looked OK. Setup the configuration files, the rc.d setup, etc. But when I start it, I get:

The OS is ClarkConnect 4.2 (CentOS4 / RHEL 4). Any idea what I did wrong? I’m sooooooooo close.

Thanks!

Check the file in rc.d (mt-daapd?) At some point it tries to run the binary, probably with something like:

/usr/sbin/mt-daapd $OPTIONS

or something.

Check that the mt-daapd binary is really *in* /usr/sbin/mt-daapd. If you didn’t compile with “–prefix=/usr”, then it’s probably in /usr/local/sbin instead.

Might be easier just to re-run the config with “–prefix=/usr”.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Success! Thank you for your patience Ron!

Will this version allow me to run flac?

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Success! Thank you for your patience Ron!

Will this version allow me to run flac?

If you compiled iwth –enable-flac, and have libflac-devel, installed. Well, and have the flac binary, in whatever package that is for redhat.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

I guess I’m back to square one again. I can’t find a libflac-devel for RHEL, and I’m not sure what flac binaries you mean… Any idea how I can make this work without RHEL packages?

naturedudeks
    Participant

I’ve looked throught the readme, etc and for the life of me, can’t find anything about flac, libraries, compile switches and so forth. Is there a guide of some sort that would help me help myself?

naturedudeks
    Participant

Well, I was able to find the libflac-devel through apt-get, so I think I have that covered. But what is the –enable-flac switch about? I looked through the configure and make scripts and didnt find the word flac anywhere. I tried using it after configure on a guess, but using it after make didn’t work. Where does that switch go? Couldnt find any mention of it in the Wiki, etc…

I’m really digging and trying myself. Am I missing things that are documented out there?

@naturedudeks wrote:

I’ve looked throught the readme, etc and for the life of me, can’t find anything about flac, libraries, compile switches and so forth. Is there a guide of some sort that would help me help myself?

naturedudeks
    Participant

Well I rebuilt with that witch (I think, as I don’t know where to use it) but my Mac user confirms she can see the flac files but not play them…

Prevous was ok on the embedded version in my ReadyNAS NV.

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Well I rebuilt with that witch (I think, as I don’t know where to use it) but my Mac user confirms she can see the flac files but not play them…

Prevous was ok on the embedded version in my ReadyNAS NV.

If the metadata shows up okay, that’s what the “–enable-flac” does. It pulls the metadata (artist, album, etc) from flac files.

To do the transcoding, you need to have the flac package installed — if you can type “flac” from a command line and not get bad command error, then you have the flac transcoding binary installed. In debian, that package is called “flac”. I don’t know what’s its called on rhel4. I’d guess “flac”.

If you installed with –prefix=/usr, then there should be a script called “mt-daapd-ssc.sh” in /usr/sbin. Check and see. if not, then copy it from the contrib directory to /usr/sbin.

Edit the file, and put in the full paths to wavstreamer and flac. (probably both /usr/bin/wavstreamer, and /usr/bin/flac).

Once you have that, set up your ssc_codecs to include flac, and point ssc_script to /usr/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh.

that should do it.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Thanks Ron. Results:

– flac package is installed OK.

– I did configure with –prefix=/usr. There is no mt-daapd-ssc.sh in either my /usr/sbin or /usr/local/src/mt-daapd-0.2.4.1/contrib directories. Is that where you meant?

– I’m still unclear on where –enable-flac goes. Is that a command line switch for configure? make? make install?

– I found a /usr/bin/flac, but I have nothing called /usr/bin/wavestreamer, nor a “wavestreamer” anywhere else. What is that part of?

– What do you mean by “setup ssc-codecs” and “point ssc-script to”? Is this text requiring editing that is part of the file I cannot find?

Sorry to be a nuisance. I’m looking for docs to help myself but can’t find a thing…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.