start during boot using launchd on OSX.4.11 fails

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues start during boot using launchd on OSX.4.11 fails

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vagabond235

Hello

# mt-daapd/Firefly Version: 0.2.4, installed via macports
    # Server Operating System: OSX, 10.4.11
    # Server Hardware: G3 b/w, 300Mhz, 640Mb Ram

I installed mt-daapd using macports on my “newly” acquired G3, everything went smooth and fine. Then I wanted to have mt-daapd start at boottime, as I want this old G3 working as a headless server, needing as little attention as possible. So, according to the OSX quickstart guide, I downloaded Lingon, used it to create a plist file, placing it in /Library/LaunchAgents/org.myown.mtdaapd.plist and was hoping that after reboot mt-daapd is started. Unfortunately, it didnt start.

When using “sudo launchctl list” my plist file gets listed as running. I can unload it using “sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/org.myown.mtdaapd.plist” and reload it with the launchctl load command. A few seconds later I read “Workaround Bonjour: Unknown error: 0” on the console, at the same time I can connect to the server from any itunes-client in my network.

Tried placing the plist file under ~/Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons, no difference in the behavior.

In the console.log, in the middle of all those fancy boot-messages I find an error message, telling me the mt-daapd quit with an error code: 1. Whereas when starting manually nothing shows up in the console.log except the command issued.

My .plist file:

Label
    org.meins.mtdaapd
    ProgramArguments

/opt/local/sbin/mt-daapd
    -c
    /etc/mt-daapd.conf

RunAtLoad

So, I can launch my mt-daapd server manually, using launchctl, but am unable to convince launchd to do it for me. What am I missing here??? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Flo

rpedde
    Participant

@vagabond235 wrote:

In the console.log, in the middle of all those fancy boot-messages I find an error message, telling me the mt-daapd quit with an error code: 1. Whereas when starting manually nothing shows up in the console.log except the command issued.

Set your debug level to 9 and make sure you have a log file specified. Then reboot and see what the log file says. It should tell you why it couldn’t start.

– Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.