ssh tunneling – skipping after 6 seconds

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues ssh tunneling – skipping after 6 seconds

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mreisbaerxxl

hello, i have a ssh tunnel to the firefly media server from a remote client.
    the problem is that i only have a 196 kbit/s upstream…
    so i expected that the client has to reload the stream the whole time, but something strange happened…the client loaded the stream…and played it 6 seconds long, then it skipped to the next song, played it 6 seconds…skipped to the next…etc…after 3-4 for times skipping the ssh client crashed…
    do you have any solution? it is possible that firefly media server streams all song in one bitrate…96 for example?
    i run firefly media server on windows 2000

rpedde
    Participant

@mreisbaerxxl wrote:

hello, i have a ssh tunnel to the firefly media server from a remote client.
    the problem is that i only have a 196 kbit/s upstream…
    so i expected that the client has to reload the stream the whole time, but something strange happened…the client loaded the stream…and played it 6 seconds long, then it skipped to the next song, played it 6 seconds…skipped to the next…etc…after 3-4 for times skipping the ssh client crashed…
    do you have any solution? it is possible that firefly media server streams all song in one bitrate…96 for example?
    i run firefly media server on windows 2000

What kind of files are you trying to stream, and what client are you using to set up the ssh tunnel?

mreisbaerxxl

i stream only mp3 files and i use Plink (command line version of putty) …but the same happened also with the openssh for windows client…in the local area network the client plays the streams without skipping

mreisbaerxxl

the openssh client says following before crashing:

C:*censored* >channel_lookup: 3: bad i
    d: channel free
    Disconnecting: Received data for nonexistent channel 3.

rpedde
    Participant

@mreisbaerxxl wrote:

the openssh client says following before crashing:

C:*censored* >channel_lookup: 3: bad i
    d: channel free
    Disconnecting: Received data for nonexistent channel 3.

This sounds like a ssh thing to me. What kind of server, and what version are you running on the server side?

mreisbaerxxl

im running freesshd 1.0.10

mreisbaerxxl

ok something is wrong with freesshd … i tried now winsshd from bitvise…it works without problems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.