You are here: Home » Topic » Sqlite3 on NSLU2 with debian etch

Sqlite3 on NSLU2 with debian etch

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  EVILRipper 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2184

    Anonymous

    Hi, it’s been a long time that i am running firefly media server on my NSLU2 (debian etch arm) with version svn-1376 (the one provided with apt-get) using sqlite3 as database backend. I had really good performances for about 28K songs but for two reasons, I wanted to migrate to a more recent version (svn-1586 or svn 1696):

    • upgrade for security reason
    • have a version with corrected bug when adding static playlist with web interface

    I then downloaded the two versions (mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb and mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1696_etch_arm.deb) from both

    But none of them seems to have the sqlite3 support enabled which make me use sqlite instead. The problem is that sqlite is much more slow for me on the slug (e.g. select count(1) from songs can take about 40sec.!) So even simple requests (e.g. /rsp/info) take a long long time 🙁
    What can I do to have an sqlite3-enabled version without having to compile it myself ?
    Thanks in advance for your answers…
    –caribou

    #16136

    rpedde
    Participant

    @caribou wrote:

    Hi, it’s been a long time that i am running firefly media server on my NSLU2 (debian etch arm) with version svn-1376 (the one provided with apt-get) using sqlite3 as database backend. I had really good performances for about 28K songs but for two reasons, I wanted to migrate to a more recent version (svn-1586 or svn 1696):

    • upgrade for security reason
    • have a version with corrected bug when adding static playlist with web interface

    I then downloaded the two versions (mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb and mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1696_etch_arm.deb) from both

    But none of them seems to have the sqlite3 support enabled which make me use sqlite instead. The problem is that sqlite is much more slow for me on the slug (e.g. select count(1) from songs can take about 40sec.!) So even simple requests (e.g. /rsp/info) take a long long time 🙁
    What can I do to have an sqlite3-enabled version without having to compile it myself ?
    Thanks in advance for your answers…
    –caribou

    Wow. you are right. The package is built with –enable-sqlite3, but sure enough, it isn’t linked to sqlite3.

    Strange.

    I’ll see if I can at least work up a package for that this weekend.

    — Ron

    #16137

    Anonymous

    @rpedde wrote:

    I’ll see if I can at least work up a package for that this weekend.

    Thank you, Ron.
    — caribou

    #16138

    rpedde
    Participant

    @caribou wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    I’ll see if I can at least work up a package for that this weekend.

    Thank you, Ron.
    — caribou

    http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb

    Let me know if it works, if it does, I’ll replace the existing version.

    — Ron

    #16139

    Anonymous

    @rpedde wrote:

    http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb
    Let me know if it works, if it does, I’ll replace the existing version.
    — Ron

    Sorry to disappoint you, Ron, but it still doesn’t work (Error opening db: No backend database support for type: = sqlite3). I don’t know if it is normal but the new link above seems to be exactly the same file as the normal link (http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/nightlies/svn-1586/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb): same size, diff claims they are equal (but I know diff can behave weirdly on binary files).
    Thank you nevertheless. I remain fully at your disposal for any other test as I really want this migration.
    Great work anyway! 😉
    –caribou

    #16140

    deckard

    I’m also hoping to get this working.
    Thanks!

    #16141

    rpedde
    Participant

    @caribou wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb
    Let me know if it works, if it does, I’ll replace the existing version.
    — Ron

    Sorry to disappoint you, Ron, but it still doesn’t work (Error opening db: No backend database support for type: = sqlite3). I don’t know if it is normal but the new link above seems to be exactly the same file as the normal link (http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/nightlies/svn-1586/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb): same size, diff claims they are equal (but I know diff can behave weirdly on binary files).
    Thank you nevertheless. I remain fully at your disposal for any other test as I really want this migration.
    Great work anyway! 😉
    –caribou

    Dang it!

    Did I copy the wrong file??

    I’ll try it again.

    — Ron

    #16142

    Anonymous

    You maybe didnt copy the wrong file, just posted the wrong link? (As its the same as the normal one on the download site…)

    If you could sort it, i’d be another person who’d appreciate it!

    Sam

    #16143

    Anonymous
    http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1586_etch_arm.deb

    Ron has uploaded it to there. I can now get mine past that error, but i get another error

    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Firefly Version svn-1586: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Warning: Could not load plugins
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Starting signal handler
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Local Hostname SLUG.local already in use; will try SLUG-2.local instead
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Old database version: 12, expecting 13
    2008-02-09 14:05:50 (00004000): Upgrading db: 12 --> 13
    2008-02-09 14:05:53 (00004000): Query: create temp table tempsongs as select * from songs;
    drop table songs;
    CREATE TABLE songs (
    id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
    path VARCHAR(4096) NOT NULL,
    fname VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
    title VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    artist VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    album VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    genre VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
    comment VARCHAR(4096) DEFAULT NULL,
    type VARCHAR(255) DEFAULT NULL,
    composer VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    orchestra VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    conductor VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    grouping VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    url VARCHAR(1024) DEFAULT NULL,
    bitrate INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    samplerate INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    song_length INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    file_size INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    year INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    track INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    total_tracks INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    disc INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    total_discs INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    bpm INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    compilation INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    rating INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    play_count INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    data_kind INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    item_kind INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    description INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    time_added INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    time_modified INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    time_played INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    db_timestamp INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    disabled INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    sample_count INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    force_update INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    codectype VARCHAR(5) DEFAULT NULL,
    idx INTEGER NOT NULL,
    has_video INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    contentrating INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    bits_per_sample INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
    album_artist VARCHAR(1024)
    );
    begin transaction;
    insert into songs select *,0,'' from tempsongs;
    commit transaction;
    drop table tempsongs;
    update config set value=13 where term='version';

    2008-02-09 14:05:53 (00004000): Error: unable to open database file
    2008-02-09 14:05:53 (00004000): Error upgrading db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file
    2008-02-09 14:05:53 (00004000): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file

    File stuff

    SLUG:/var/cache# ls -l
    total 28
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb 9 12:49 apt
    drwxrwxr-x 3 root lp 4096 Jan 12 06:26 cups
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 7 00:29 debconf
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 9 06:26 locate
    drwxr-sr-x 16 man root 4096 Feb 9 06:26 man
    drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody root 4096 Feb 9 12:52 mt-daapd
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb 9 14:12 samba

    SLUG:/var/cache/mt-daapd# ls -l
    total 1924
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mt-daapd nogroup 1965056 Feb 9 12:52 songs3.db

    Permissions would seem right (im running it via /etc/init.d/mt-daapd)

    Any suggestions?

    Sam

    #16144

    Anonymous

    Right

    drwxrwxr-x  2 nobody root 4096 Feb  9 12:52 mt-daapd

    Debian run it as mt-daapd, svn/ron’s builds run as nobody, therefore the folder permissions were wrong. chown mt-daapd mt-daapd !

    Jobs a good un!

    🙂

    Edit: Well, when i can get my soundbridge to see it, it will be!

    #16145

    Anonymous

    Fixed

    http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?p=86786&sid=f786c152b81a199957e63d37fbe7076d

    #plugin_dir = /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins
    plugin_dir = /usr/share/mt-daapd/plugins

    Was using the wrong plugin directory, no RSP being loaded

    Sam

    #16146

    Anonymous

    Thank you Ron, for having uploaded the correct file. It works great !!!
    Just a detail, I also have the following message in the log :

    Local Hostname SLUG.local already in use; will try SLUG-2.local instead 

    But it seems that it doesn’t have any importance!
    Thanks again !!!
    — caribou

    #16147

    rpedde
    Participant

    @caribou wrote:

    Thank you Ron, for having uploaded the correct file. It works great !!!
    Just a detail, I also have the following message in the log :

    Local Hostname SLUG.local already in use; will try SLUG-2.local instead 

    But it seems that it doesn’t have any importance!
    Thanks again !!!
    — caribou

    np. I’ll move that to the right nightlies folder.

    — Ron

    #16148

    MrE
    Participant

    It looks like svn1696 still doesn’t work with sqlite3.

    2008-05-15 21:57:18 (00004000): Error opening db: No backend database support for type: sqlite3

    When I install svn1586 instead, I don’t get this error and everything runs just fine.

    Is there any chance of fixing the 1696 build?

    To avoid confusion, I also run Debian Etch on a slug.

    Thanks
    Emile

    #16149

    Anonymous

    Same problem with Debian Etch on i386: No backend support for sqlite3. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.