Soundbridge loses connection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have a soundbridge radio that regularly loses it’s connection to my firefly server.

I’m running 1696 on Ubuntu and most of the the time it works like a dream, however now and again the soundbrige can’t see the library. I tried rebooting the soundbridge, to no avail, but as soon as I restart firefly all is OK.

I read that SB software has problems reconnecting when the wireless link goes down, but in this case it’s connected the whole time, only firefly is getting restarted…

Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Lou

Anonymous
    Inactive

No-one have any ideas?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Lou

rpedde
    Participant

@LouO wrote:

No-one have any ideas?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Lou

Usually this is because the wireless router isn’t passing multicast properly, or because of firewall on the ubunutu server blocking multicast.

Check to make sure you aren’t blocking to/from 224.0.0.251, and check your wireless bridge/router to see if it has options for enabling mutlicast or igrp.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I kept getting dropouts frequently when using the new wireless only pinnacle soundbridge HomeMuisc

I have some wifi security cameras on the same ssid. I seperated out the traffic onto seperate ssids and the problem went away. I now have the cameras on one ssid and the sb and an appletv on another.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.