Soundbridge can’t connect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bdf
    Participant

Hi,..

0.2.4 Works (on Debian Sarge), but have to restart my Roku Soundbridge(3.0.44) every few hours for it to recognize the server again.

So, I tried builds 1659 then 1586 and neither of them work at all. The following log may be provide a clue: mDNSPlatformSendUDP got error 1 (Operation not permitted) sending packet

Any ideas?

fizze
    Participant

are you running avahi-daemon, or any other rendezvous / bonjour enabled service?

mt-daapd, if not configured otherwise, uses its internal mDNS responder, which conflicts with avahi.
    See if you can grab a binary thats compiled with avahi support enabled, or build your own with the proper configure options.

rpedde
    Participant

@bdf wrote:

Hi,..

0.2.4 Works (on Debian Sarge), but have to restart my Roku Soundbridge(3.0.44) every few hours for it to recognize the server again.

So, I tried builds 1659 then 1586 and neither of them work at all. The following log may be provide a clue: mDNSPlatformSendUDP got error 1 (Operation not permitted) sending packet

Any ideas?

That’s a firewall issue. You need to allow outbound udp 5353 to 224.0.0.251.

— Ron

bdf
    Participant

>That’s a firewall issue. You need to allow outbound udp 5353 to 224.0.0.251.

Thanks – this worked and its able to stay connected running 1586.

Brad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.