Soundbridge can’t connect to mt-daapd but iTunes can

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Soundbridge can’t connect to mt-daapd but iTunes can

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@temp wrote:

Yes please:-

mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1528_sarge_powerpc.deb

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/data.tar.gz

— Ron

temp
    Participant

Thanks Ron

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Nick

temp
    Participant

What a nightmare.
    My first attemp at mt-daapd followed the advice here:-

http://www.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=Mt-daapd_binaries_for_the_PPC_LinkStation

but when I tried the nightly you kindly supplied , there were issues with Squlite so I decide to try to remove all trace of the early instalation. Unfortunately when I rebooted the terastation, It wouldn’t come up and for a while I thought I had bricked it.
    luckily, I managed to reinstall the firmware in recovery mode which worked, albeit in Japanese.

I’ll try again tomorrow
    Nick
    Ps which version of sqlite do you recommend?

rpedde
    Participant

@temp wrote:

Unfortunately when I rebooted the terastation, It wouldn’t come up and for a while I thought I had bricked it.

Ooof… that’s gotta make you queasy.

I’ll try again tomorrow

Wow.. props for soldering on, though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ps which version of sqlite do you recommend?

Sqlite2 has probably been more tested, but I haven’t heard any problems iwth sqlite3 > 3.3.5 in a long time.

— Ron

temp
    Participant

Right, back in the land of the living. Terastation working and in english too. All I need now is a suitable binary of sqlite as I’m NOT going to install a development system on the terastation.

I’m writing a full account of experiences of getting mt-daapd going on my tearstation (ha!) and can post a url if anybody’s interested.

Nick
    Ps still can’t get my ‘Nicknoxx’ account working

temp
    Participant

Problem solved. . .well ar problem. I found a neat little utility for XP which will un-ar a file

progress report soon

Nick

CCRDude
    Participant

Oh, a bit late, but if a tool for Windows is sufficient, I can only recommend Total Commander, for which a DEB-plugin exists. Very comfortable, it allows browsing of DEBs and even included archives as if they were folders.

Or directly on the TeraStation: Midnight Commander for Linux (& more) allows to browse .deb files as well. There’s even a tutorial on how to install MC on the TeraStation on the TS wiki, written by myself ๐Ÿ˜‰
    No dev tools needed, just download packages, convert and install them. “Alternative” and “Installation” on that list should be the sufficient steps.

Just to add a few other methods to your deb-browsing list ๐Ÿ˜‰

temp
    Participant

Either I’m doning something really stupid or there are issues with the nightly I’m using and the Home Server varient of the Terastation becuase I had to re-install the firmware again yesterday. Could this be anything to do with the fact that it already running a music server (PCast?)

Can anybody suggest which is the most stable version of mt-daapd to use in my situation?

Thanks

CCRDude
    Participant

Well, as I already posted somewhere I think, the hacked TeraStation version (opened SSH) never ran very stable for me (not the Home edition, no PCast imho), that’s why I switched my music server over to a Kurobox, and went back to the fully official firmware. In my case though, stability was unrelated to mt-daapd.

I wish there would be a simpler way to install Debian on the TS ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.