SoundBridge can’t connect to Firefly-Server, no network prob

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues SoundBridge can’t connect to Firefly-Server, no network prob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    markusd112
    Participant

Hi,

I have two SB connected to my WLAN access point using WPA encryption. Firefly is running on an ubuntu linux server in my local network.

It works fine for about 6 months until several days: now I cannot connect any longer to my firefly server: the two SB give the error message: “Cannot connect to server”.

It’s not a problem of the network connection: I can access the SB from the PCs in my local network via the web interface and I logged in to the SB via Telnet to do ping on the IP address of the Firefly server and it answers to the ping, so on network level I have connection to it.

I tried to start mt-daapd in debug mode 2 so it gives some informations of the connections made to Firefly: when I try to access to the Firefly server from a ubuntu PC in the LAN via a media player software, mt-daapd gives the proper debug information of the access.

But when I try to connect the SB to the server the debug mode displays absolute nothing, no connection attempt…

Do you have any idea, what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Markus

markusd112
    Participant

Hello again!

I have resolved my problem by myself :D:

There have been two reasons for this “silly” error constellation:

1. the mDNS service on the ubuntu server was disabled
    Explanation: the SB uses the mDNS protocol (multicast domain name service) to make an address resolution. If there is no mDNS server running, SB cannot connect to the firefly server.

I switched the service on again, but I didn’t get it work at all:

2. In the last days I have configured a virtual eth interface:
    In the last days I have played a little bit with openVPN und ipsec. For that I created a virtual ethernet interface.
    After starting the mDNS service again, the mDNS responses are sent to the virtual ethernet interface, not to the primary real one. After disabling the virtual interface everythins works fine.

Thanks a lot to the developers of wireshark ;).

Yours

Markus

rpedde
    Participant

@markusd112 wrote:

Thanks a lot to the developers of wireshark ;).

Here here. I use it damn near daily.

– Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.