Sort order albums

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    valdemar
    Participant

Hi,

Since I am listening to classical music I am stuck with the concept of albums. Over mt-daapd/Roku SB1001 the sort order of the original album is changed. I cannot figure out the actual order, seems to be random. How can I make sure all tracks are served in correct order, when I select an album in Roku (and with no delay between tracks btw.)?

Thanks,
    Valdemar

Anonymous
    Inactive

What happens if you turn off Shuffle and modify the track names (or file names) so the track number is at the start?

Andy

valdemar

Thanks Andy for responding. You are right, if I add track number at the beginning of the filenames the sorting is done correctly – but there most be another way than having to rename all files 🙂

Valdemar

rpedde
    Participant

Are there track number tags in the music? I was sure the roku automatically orders by track.

valdemar
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Yes, there are track number tags, so right, if the tracks were served in track number order that would be all I would ask for. But they aren’t. Should I talk to Roku?

Valdemar

rpedde
    Participant

Huh.. and the track numbers show up right in iTunes when you connect remotely?

I wouldn’t say it’s a soundbridge *bug*, but I was pretty sure it sorted those by track automatically.

You could ask them about it, but in the meantime, I hope to add sorting options soon. I don’t know if that helps you if you aren’t running nightlies, but there you go.

— Ron

valdemar
    Participant

rpedde wrote:

Huh.. and the track numbers show up right in iTunes when you connect remotely?

Yes, they show up correctly in iTunes provided you click on the Album column. So the answer might be no, since iTunes will serve according to filename column.

I wouldn’t say it’s a soundbridge *bug*, but I was pretty sure it sorted those by track automatically.

You could ask them about it, but in the meantime, I hope to add sorting options soon. I don’t know if that helps you if you aren’t running nightlies, but there you go.

Yes, I am on SVN-909 🙂 I am using flac only if that makes any difference.

Valdemar

Post edited by: valdemar, at: 2006/04/21 19:56

valdemar
    Participant

Problem solved by upgrading to Roku SB 2.5 beta and using new sorting facility in VisualMR.

Thanks,
    Valdemar

olicarlier
    Participant

I spent some time rearranging the info in iTunes for classical music. I’m now OK with my arrangement (composer->artist, interpret: piece->album, movement->song). For instance, for Beethoven piano sonatas:
    Beethoven, Ludwig Van -> artist
    Yves Nat: Piano sonata #16 in G major Op. 31/1 -> Album
    1. Allegro vivace -> song

So far, so good, the navigation & display on the Soundbridge are OK, except the following annoyance. In iTunes, when I sort the display on the album field, I get the right order for sonatas, i.e. #2 comes after #1 and so on.

On the Soundbridge though, it shows, Sonata #1, then #11, #12 … #19, #2, #20, #21,…

Any clue how to fix this? TIA.

Config: SB 3.0.44 & Firefly svn-1634

rpedde
    Participant

@olicarlier wrote:

I spent some time rearranging the info in iTunes for classical music. I’m now OK with my arrangement (composer->artist, interpret: piece->album, movement->song). For instance, for Beethoven piano sonatas:
    Beethoven, Ludwig Van -> artist
    Yves Nat: Piano sonata #16 in G major Op. 31/1 -> Album
    1. Allegro vivace -> song

So far, so good, the navigation & display on the Soundbridge are OK, except the following annoyance. In iTunes, when I sort the display on the album field, I get the right order for sonatas, i.e. #2 comes after #1 and so on.

On the Soundbridge though, it shows, Sonata #1, then #11, #12 … #19, #2, #20, #21,…

Any clue how to fix this? TIA.

Config: SB 3.0.44 & Firefly svn-1634

Looks like the soundbridge is sorting lexically, not numerically. You could call those Sonata #01, etc, but that would be a hack.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.