Song Statistics

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rabbler
    Participant

I love this project and appreciate your devotion to it. I have been using it for quite a long time.

One thing I would love to see is Statistics, most played song, most played artist. A smart ‘top 25 most played’ would be excellent. I logged into my itunes this morning and went to my top 25 just for kicks and realized I have nothing in it because I used my mt-daapd share almost exclusively. It would be nice to see what songs of mine that my friends listen to on a regular basis.

Thanks for the hard work.

rpedde
    Participant

@rabbler wrote:

I love this project and appreciate your devotion to it. I have been using it for quite a long time.

One thing I would love to see is Statistics, most played song, most played artist. A smart ‘top 25 most played’ would be excellent. I logged into my itunes this morning and went to my top 25 just for kicks and realized I have nothing in it because I used my mt-daapd share almost exclusively. It would be nice to see what songs of mine that my friends listen to on a regular basis.

Thanks for the hard work.

I want that too. As well as last.fm support. I keep putting it off though. :/

As far as the “top 25”, that will happen likely pretty soon. That will come from the db/playlist reorganization (take 3), which is next up.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

Interesting!
    Kinda OT however, but what about a “select * from songs where rating >80 GROUP BY ALBUM” in the smart playlists might be possible? πŸ˜‰

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Interesting!
    Kinda OT however, but what about a “select * from songs where rating >80 GROUP BY ALBUM” in the smart playlists might be possible? πŸ˜‰

Hrm. Something like that, but I don’t want to get sql specific. I still want to target arbitrary (including non-sql) backends, so I need to move away from sql assumptions in the playlists.

That’s why they stopped being straight sql queries.

fizze
    Participant

Yesyes πŸ˜‰

I can’t seem to find decent specs/docs on (g)dbm – any hints?

Other than that, do the smart playlists always have to return songs?
    Does the soundbridge f.i. also cope with albums or whatever?

Thats the feature I like the most, being able to select a certain artist, and then quickly playing an album, refining that search.

That behaviour would be much appreciated within smart playlists, also. At least optionally.
    πŸ˜‰

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Yesyes πŸ˜‰

I can’t seem to find decent specs/docs on (g)dbm – any hints?

In terms of using it as a backend? Not ready yet. That’s the great db restructuring. I want to be able to use gdbm again as a backend. It was really fast in 0.2.4, and while the sqlite database was nice in that it made viewing and editing the db easy, it also slowed down performance on small machines.

Other than that, do the smart playlists always have to return songs?
    Does the soundbridge f.i. also cope with albums or whatever?

Thats the feature I like the most, being able to select a certain artist, and then quickly playing an album, refining that search.

That behaviour would be much appreciated within smart playlists, also. At least optionally.
    πŸ˜‰

Hmm.. not sure how to do that, or even how to fake that kind of behavior. The SB though, naturally does that. If you browse by artist, it shows you automatically the albums by that artist. Then you can choose to browse by those albums, or play all. Kind of like the ipod interface.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

fizze
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Hmm.. not sure how to do that, or even how to fake that kind of behavior. The SB though, naturally does that. If you browse by artist, it shows you automatically the albums by that artist. Then you can choose to browse by those albums, or play all. Kind of like the ipod interface.

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Yup, only slighty. That exact behaviour would be desired when browsing (smart) playlists also! πŸ˜‰

As far as gdbm is concerned, Im loooking for general docs on this. I fuond some implementation guidelines, but nothing like an apidoc, or some fundamentals πŸ˜‰

rabbler
    Participant

Thank guys! Can’t wait.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

As far as gdbm is concerned, Im loooking for general docs on this. I fuond some implementation guidelines, but nothing like an apidoc, or some fundamentals πŸ˜‰

Ah. The only thing I ever found was “man gdbm”. All the gdbm commands are there. The manpage is fairly decent. Not much too it really. Open, close, fetch and store. That’s it.

I think if you print out the manpage and read it a couple times, you’ll pretty much have it down.

— Ron

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.