Song rating for Firefly via Roku Soundbridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Song rating for Firefly via Roku Soundbridge

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

RTNG is the semi-official ID3v2 field for the song rating. firefly reads it, and popularimeter iirc.

What you needed to have is a program (preferably console based) that writes id3v2 tags to a file specified.
    When I still had my slug I couldn’t find anything, maybe on my new NAS with full-blown debian there are some tools. I haven’t looked for any yet, tbh.

As far as the remote is concerned: Not all remote codes are being picked up by the SoundBridges.

Anonymous
    Inactive

But …
    neither of both (%RTNG% or %popularimeter iirc%) show any entry (in mp3tag or foobar2000) for all the titles that show a rating in fireflys smart playlist!

Thanks anyway
    ed.de

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Ed.de,

not every remote seems to have that purple key – mine doesn’t… So to use this key is not a solution to me. Another possibility would be to use two keys for example ( press Key1 first, than left or right for rating within 1 second …). I do not like this idea either – I want a one key solution.
    Double clicking would not work, as double clicking is oly like two clicks and scrolling in lists is like many single clicks…

To have just the rating feature in the script is possible – just remove all unwanted stuff from the script. Or wait some time until a modular version of t4roku is ready (I am in contact with the guy mentioned above and maybe we will rewrite t4roku…)

I think the POPM field in the id3v2 tag is the correct place to store the ratings in the MP3 file.

CU
    Merry Christmas to all firefly users.

Goemon

fizze
    Participant

Well what’s the code for that special purple key? Some folks have programmable remotes ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyway I kinda lost track of this project. Last I checked you wanted to integrate it with some other guys project from the RoKu forums? Any updates on this?

Also I think it shouldn’t be too hard to cook up a script that uses id3v2 or id3tool at least on linux boxes to modify the metadata on affected tags ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Fizze,

Regarding the project: nothing new yet. I am in (rare) contact with the guy and we really considerate to merge efforts on t4roku – but so far we have been busy over the holidays and its all in our heads and I hav not written any line of new code since the last post.

Also the Roku Soundbridges seem to diapear from the market – So I wonder if its worth to put much effort in a script for a discontinued platform.

A happy new and successful year to all fireflys out there…
    Goemon

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think most of us love their soundbridges – so they shouln’t disappear in the near and middle future. So only just … no additional ones coming.

fizze
    Participant

Well RoKu still makes the Radio models. And I’m quite sure I’ll grab a few of these soonish.
    Also I’m not limited by the software choices on the NSLU2 anymore, so maybe there’s a solution that doesn’t require perl.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Btw: in the title of that thread it says “… rating for firePLAY …” – i guess it was meant to say … for firefly … ?

And furthermore … i would prefer to have the changes in rating stored into the songs on my NAS rather than only store them in firefly’s database!

… and regarding the question in regard of that purple key on the remote control: you have that key only on pinnacle branded soundbridges; so that this couldn’t be a solution for everyone anyway.

ed.de

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the typo. headline is correted now.

regarding the rating, you can use e.g. this perl module: http://search.cpan.org/~thogee/tagged-0.40/Tag.pm and write to the POPM tag of the mp3 file.

Currently I have no time to write on the software, but if you like you can code and share it here.

CU Goemon

fizze
    Participant

Yes, but for the perl inclined it might be easier to use id3v2 or id3tool ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyway, as I indicated in this thread there seems to be a problem with ratings in svn-1696 altogether…?

All my tracks appear with a rating of 20 in firefly.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.