Song rating for Firefly via Roku Soundbridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Song rating for Firefly via Roku Soundbridge

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Are you using sqlite2 or sqlite3 with your firefly?
    Also, you might need to adjust the database path in the t4roku.pl according to your firefly config.

Currently it’s all hardcoded in that t4roku.pl script. You have to change it in 4 locations, I think.

any perl-db related packages aren’t needed. Thats the “trick” here. Goemon uses perl to simply call the sqlite binary, and doesn’t use perl bindings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was trying this at the weekend. Very promising but a bit buggy at the moment. Sam observations as fizze – I’m on sqlite3 so the hard coded DB path doesn’t work and the menu redraw is broken. Most of the screens are drawn a few pixels too low and the graphics go off the bottom (tried all screen settings BTW, using an M1001).

I like the “hidden” alarm in the SB but I was actually starting to write a control library for PHP so that I could let my server act as an alarm clock by setting off a cron job to wake up and queue tracks etc. This way I can just have alarm scheduling on a Google calendar or something πŸ˜‰

fizze
    Participant

Such an alarm would be sweet indeed. πŸ™‚
    I’m definitely interested, as soon as you have something in a release-friendly shape πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

If there was a GetSongByID method in RCP then I’d be done by now. The only way I can recreate a playlist is by searching on track names which obviously isn’t very accurate.

Another way is injecting a playlist into Firefly and then selecting it from the SB. The playlist creation and editing isn’t great between SB and Firefly though.

If I create a row in the playlist table and a bunch of rows in the playlistitems table, is that going to be presented as a playlist in the SB? My playlistitems table is currently empty and all my playlists are smart playlists.

fizze
    Participant

Presets on the SB can help you out there.
    You could just create a preset for one particuliar playlist, and then fill that playlist according to your wishes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooh, I’ve now recreated a feature that should really be there anyway – takes the current playlist and injects it into Firefly so you can recall it.

<?php
    /**
    * Save the playlist currently on the Roku Client to the Firefly media server
    */
    require_once( "roku_client.php" );
    require_once( "firefly_db.php" );

$sb = new RokuClient();
    $ff = new FireflyDb();
    $aIds = $sb->GetNowPlayingSongIds();
    $ff->savePlaylist( "Custom", $aIds );
    ?>

πŸ˜›

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Presets on the SB can help you out there.
    You could just create a preset for one particuliar playlist, and then fill that playlist according to your wishes.

How do you set a preset as a playlist?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, got it – you need to be actually playing the playlist to get the save preset option.

Cool, I can create a custom playlist, save it to the firefly DB and then have it turn on with the alarm clock feature now πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I havn’t been here for a while. And I must to admit that I did not code any line (except the buggy test of “play similar artists” feature) on the tools4roku since. 😳

So the to main issues are still there:
    ➑ because of the rating function the left and right key is monitored constantly, so fast scroll in lists is impossible
    ➑ if Soundbridge is turned off, the CPU usage jumps to 100% after a while. So some idea is needed how to detect this and send t4roku in idle mode (if prefere an “idle mode” instead to quit the script)

Further some users reported issues like:
    ➑ non-matching output on the display. As I have only a M1001 with a 280x32pixel display, I need someone to help me or to donate an other SB for me (I like this idea πŸ˜› for address please PM me πŸ˜€ )
    ➑ buggy menu functionality; I noticed it sometimes but unfortunately I could not trace it back, always if I try to generate false behaviour with an open telnet conection it works fine.

Somewhere I read that some guy wants to write a similar software in a modular way. I like this idea and would appreciate a cooperation – lets see…

regards
    Goemon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    i’m really interested in this rating thing.

1/
    Would it be possible to have a small script that processes just that feature?

2/
    On the pinnacle remote control there is a purple key for future use – couldn’t u use this key instead of right/left arow?

3/
    Could double clicking for rating be another alternative solution?

4/
    I unfortunately wasn’t able to find out from which tag-fields the rating actually is taken.
    So i would be very happy, if someone could help me there.
    I have many songs that are found by a smart playlist with rating>xx in it – but i haven’t found out with which program and with which tag-field i can manipulate them all in the right way. It seems that i can find some with tag-fields like POPM, POPULARIMETER and others the like – but that doesn’t find them all. So the question is:
    a/
    what program can help me to delete all the different tag-fields that now make the rating find something
    b/
    what (single) tag-field should be used to fill the rating field?

(I’m especially working with MP3TAG and with FOOBAR2000)

regards
    ed.de

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.