some songs don’t play

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    romeo
    Participant

hi!
    Ive installed unslug and mt-daap and now it works mainly great. but some albums wont play. today for example when I tried to play ice cube -greatest hits the songs doesnt stars and there is an “!” to left of the songs. but all the other albums work and I can play the songs in itunes if I access them through smb connection to the nas unit. is this common? is there a solution? πŸ˜•

rpedde
    Participant

@romeo wrote:

hi!
    Ive installed unslug and mt-daap and now it works mainly great. but some albums wont play. today for example when I tried to play ice cube -greatest hits the songs doesnt stars and there is an “!” to left of the songs. but all the other albums work and I can play the songs in itunes if I access them through smb connection to the nas unit. is this common? is there a solution? πŸ˜•

Version, platform, etc?

If it’s 0.2.4, that can happen if you move files after they have been scanned. You can delete the songs.gdb from /var/cache/mt-daapd and restart and it should find them.

— Ron

romeo
    Participant

my version is 0.2.4 and im running it on a NSLU2. How can I upgrade to a new version? I dont think I have moved them after the scan. Where is that folder that you speak of stored? oh now I found it, but I cant delete them, it says I havent enough access, even though I login as admin… :S

richdunlop
    Participant

If you want to upgrade there are some instructions on the wiki (see the installing firefly section) –

http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

romeo
    Participant

@richdunlop wrote:

If you want to upgrade there are some instructions on the wiki (see the installing firefly section) –

root? :S (im a blonde)

richdunlop
    Participant

You need to telnet into the nslu2 using the ‘root’ username. The default password is uNSLUng. Does that make any sense? If I’m confusing you let me know or feel free to drop me a PM and I’ll take you through it.

romeo
    Participant

@richdunlop wrote:

You need to telnet into the nslu2 using the ‘root’ username. The default password is uNSLUng. Does that make any sense? If I’m confusing you let me know or feel free to drop me a PM and I’ll take you through it.

ah now I get it, I tried to login through the web interface. telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that. if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

richdunlop
    Participant

@romeo wrote:

telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that.

A geek guy ought to be able to sort you out. Although if you know what telnet is you can’t be as blonde as you claim πŸ˜†

@romeo wrote:

if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

You are correct – I rest my case! There are some instructions on the wiki –

See the installing firefly section.

romeo
    Participant

@richdunlop wrote:

@romeo wrote:

telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that.

A geek guy ought to be able to sort you out. Although if you know what telnet is you can’t be as blonde as you claim πŸ˜†

@romeo wrote:

if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

You are correct – I rest my case! There are some instructions on the wiki –

See the installing firefly section.

thx for all the help πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.