You are here: Home » Topic » some songs don’t play

some songs don’t play

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  romeo 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1209

    romeo
    Participant

    hi!
    Ive installed unslug and mt-daap and now it works mainly great. but some albums wont play. today for example when I tried to play ice cube -greatest hits the songs doesnt stars and there is an “!” to left of the songs. but all the other albums work and I can play the songs in itunes if I access them through smb connection to the nas unit. is this common? is there a solution? πŸ˜•

    #9680

    rpedde
    Participant

    @romeo wrote:

    hi!
    Ive installed unslug and mt-daap and now it works mainly great. but some albums wont play. today for example when I tried to play ice cube -greatest hits the songs doesnt stars and there is an “!” to left of the songs. but all the other albums work and I can play the songs in itunes if I access them through smb connection to the nas unit. is this common? is there a solution? πŸ˜•

    Version, platform, etc?

    If it’s 0.2.4, that can happen if you move files after they have been scanned. You can delete the songs.gdb from /var/cache/mt-daapd and restart and it should find them.

    — Ron

    #9681

    romeo
    Participant

    my version is 0.2.4 and im running it on a NSLU2. How can I upgrade to a new version? I dont think I have moved them after the scan. Where is that folder that you speak of stored? oh now I found it, but I cant delete them, it says I havent enough access, even though I login as admin… :S

    #9682

    richdunlop
    Participant

    Log in as root. That’ll give you the permissions you need.

    If you want to upgrade there are some instructions on the wiki (see the installing firefly section) –

    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

    #9683

    romeo
    Participant

    @richdunlop wrote:

    Log in as root. That’ll give you the permissions you need.

    If you want to upgrade there are some instructions on the wiki (see the installing firefly section) –

    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

    root? :S (im a blonde)

    #9684

    richdunlop
    Participant

    You need to telnet into the nslu2 using the ‘root’ username. The default password is uNSLUng. Does that make any sense? If I’m confusing you let me know or feel free to drop me a PM and I’ll take you through it.

    #9685

    romeo
    Participant

    @richdunlop wrote:

    You need to telnet into the nslu2 using the ‘root’ username. The default password is uNSLUng. Does that make any sense? If I’m confusing you let me know or feel free to drop me a PM and I’ll take you through it.

    ah now I get it, I tried to login through the web interface. telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that. if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

    #9686

    richdunlop
    Participant

    @romeo wrote:

    telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that.

    A geek guy ought to be able to sort you out. Although if you know what telnet is you can’t be as blonde as you claim πŸ˜†

    @romeo wrote:

    if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

    You are correct – I rest my case! There are some instructions on the wiki –

    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

    See the installing firefly section.

    #9687

    romeo
    Participant

    @richdunlop wrote:

    @romeo wrote:

    telnet you say, then I need to get my geek guy over to help me, he has the right stuff for that.

    A geek guy ought to be able to sort you out. Although if you know what telnet is you can’t be as blonde as you claim πŸ˜†

    @romeo wrote:

    if I would like to upgrade to a nightly build I do need to telnet then too right?

    You are correct – I rest my case! There are some instructions on the wiki –

    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

    See the installing firefly section.

    thx for all the help πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.