some flac files are crashing Firefly 1696

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues some flac files are crashing Firefly 1696

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Johncan
    Participant

I have recently run into some problems with some FLAC files crashing Firefly svn-1696. The Roku M2000 sees the files in the database and they show up in the Roku’s front panel; however, when I go to play them, 1696 crashes and I have to restart the Firefly server. I checked the error logs and it does not show why 1696 crashes. It is only with certain FLAC files and I can reproduce the crash every time. The FLAC files are not showing up as corrupted when I verify them and they play fine under Foobar2000. I have over a TB of FLAC files ripped from my CDs (I worked in a CD store for years); I don’t want to have to find and rerip all the problematic FLAC files.

Please advise.

John

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Intel Quad Core Q6600 cpu

stretch
    Participant

Do the FLAC files in question have embedded album art?

Johncan
    Participant

Yes they all have embedded art including the FLAC files that do not crash Firefly 1696.

John

stretch
    Participant

Try removing the album art from the culprits (as a test)
    IIRC, Firefly sometimes chokes on embedded album art.

Johncan
    Participant

I removed the embedded art. The server did not crash, but it also did not stream the FLAC file. It just skipped each file and went to the next one until it came to the end of the album. No crashes, but also no music. The Roku states it is unable to play the song. Any ideas?

Johncan
    Participant

Anyone have any thoughts?

jtbse
    Participant

What’s the bit depth and sample frequency of the bad files?

Are they per chance something other than 16-bit 44.1kHz? I’ve had similar problems in the past with 24-bit 48kHz files I converted from DVD/AC3 in the past. Think Foobar can decode 24bit/48kHz fine…but not so sure about Firefly.

Just a thought.

eschoeller
    Participant

I’ve got the same problem. To me, it looks like an album art problem. Haven’t tried removing the art yet (need to back them up first) but looks like some artwork with high resolution / file size (like 1200×1200 530KB) crashes the server. Bummer. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.