Smart playlists and ogg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rsl360
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone else is using ogg and is successful with the smart playlists. I’ve never been able to make it work. With mp3’s it sort of works -but only sort of. If I have an album from the 60’s, the smart playlist might recognize two of the songs as from the 60’s, rather than all of them. I’m using the 1696 version in linux.

rsl

fizze
    Participant

If ogg is included in the extensions to scan it will work. Just make sure those vorbis files do have right metadata ๐Ÿ˜‰

rsl360
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Just make sure those vorbis files do have right metadata ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well that’s just it. As far as I can tell, the files do have the right metadata. I can use a program, such as audiotag to look at the metadata and it all seems to be there. I’ve even written some new data with audiotag to try to get some “clean” metadata. No luck. What I think I need to do is see how mt-daapt is not reading it. If I look at the log, I see a line that says “…Executing: INSERT INTO updated VALUES (xxx). For the MP3’s, there is data following this line. For the ogg files, there is no data. So whatever is supposed to be reading the data from the ogg files does not seem to be working. I _think_ I have all the dependencies needed, but maybe not.

Robbie

fizze
    Participant

Hm, that’s weird.
    Did you compile yourself, by any chance, and left out some vorbis configure switches? ๐Ÿ˜‰

If not, whats the precise binary/package you’ve installed from?

rsl360
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Hm, that’s weird.
    Did you compile yourself, by any chance, and left out some vorbis configure switches? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I did compile it by myself, and I’m sure I could have messed up. I used the following (I think):
    ./configure –enable-sqlite3 –enable-oggvorbis –enable-flac
    Sorry for the “I think”. I had a bit of trouble getting all the dependencies, as well as trying some re-compiles to solve the playlist issues. So I’m not completely positive what I compiled with at this point. -Oh yeah, linux, fedora 10 on a pc.

I had the same issues when I was using an nslu2, and the same music files. One would think this would point to bad data in the music files. But like I said, I seem to be able to read the data in the files fine. I used grip to rip all the music.

Robbie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.