Smart playlist to exclude tracks from another playlist???

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Smart playlist to exclude tracks from another playlist???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Iris
    Participant

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find if this has been asked so here goes:

Can the criteria for a smart playlist exclude tracks of another playlist by simply naming the playlist. If so, what would the syntax look like. I don’t see a field listed along with the others for playlist name.

I hope I’ve explained this properly but if not please post requesting more detail.

Iris

rpedde
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find if this has been asked so here goes:

Can the criteria for a smart playlist exclude tracks of another playlist by simply naming the playlist. If so, what would the syntax look like. I don’t see a field listed along with the others for playlist name.

I hope I’ve explained this properly but if not please post requesting more detail.

Iris

there isn’t a way to do this now. But I have started poking around with the new db backend a bit with a goal of adding the playlist features everybody (including me) wants, like “top n”, and “sort by” and all that.

One of the things I wanted was to be able to make a playlist of playlists, like you are describing. I have some other features i want to add as well, like making an arbitrary playlist a “library”, so you could use a playlists like “explicit != 1”, and use that as the base library when your kids connect to the server (using a different password, maybe?).

Stuff like that. I hope to do support for something like that, but resolving circular dependencies, and building proper dependency trees when adding new songs and stuff is kind of a pain. But I hope to get there. My first pass, I’m going to try and basically drop the updated playlist stuff with the new backend db stuff kind of transparently — with no new real features, then I’ll start adding new stuff to it. Ping me again on this when I’ve got that far… It’s something I do want to look at.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.