smallest setup (distro) to run firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion smallest setup (distro) to run firefly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zak_neutron
    Participant

What is the smallest distro to run firefly?

What would be the constraints to making it small in terms of memory, space etc

– the MP3 directory itself would mounted else where on the network

Thanks

πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@zak_neutron wrote:

What is the smallest distro to run firefly?

What would be the constraints to making it small in terms of memory, space etc

– the MP3 directory itself would mounted else where on the network

Thanks

πŸ™‚

smallest hardware, or smallest distro?

I’ve no doubt you could get it to run on a floppy disk (tom’s rtbt, or something similar), certainly on a live cd or a flash disk (debian’s dfsbuild would be an easy way to do that, or a modified puppy or dsl).

As far as hardware goes, folks are running it on stuff as small as a linksys wrt54g, with remote mounted drives. That’s something like 16mb ram on a 133 mips, iirc.

— Ron

zak_neutron
    Participant

Ron

Thanks for that.

You must be a mind reader! I was thinking about using my OpenWRT on my linksys WRT54G router.

Any pointers on some steps onto the router? – currently I have ssh access into my router.

Cheers

πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@zak_neutron wrote:

Ron

Thanks for that.

You must be a mind reader! I was thinking about using my OpenWRT on my linksys WRT54G router.

Any pointers on some steps onto the router? – currently I have ssh access into my router.

Cheers

πŸ™‚

I think ipkg-opt works on whiterussian to install optware ipkgs. Not sure about all that, though. Might be that you could get the wl500g packages from ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org to run on the wrt54g, though.

I used to have one around that I could have used as a test bed, but I gave it to a friend. πŸ™

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.