Shuffle Smart Playlist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blamm
    Participant

How about a smart playlist that simply shuffles everything in it. Currently the only way to do this with my Roku is to remember to hit the shuffle button on the remote then skip to the next song.

kellyharding
    Participant

Using firefly works great. But shuffled smart playlists would be great. It is a shame ‘party shuffle’ doesn’t work for shared playlists.

rpedde
    Participant

@kellyharding wrote:

Using firefly works great. But shuffled smart playlists would be great. It is a shame ‘party shuffle’ doesn’t work for shared playlists.

I know, I know… this is on my list of stuff too… this is by far the most often asked for feature.

— Ron

kellyharding
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@kellyharding wrote:

I know, I know… this is on my list of stuff too… this is by far the most often asked for feature.

— Ron

I bet. It’d be a cool feature. Your work is appreciated, been using 1586 for a few days now without issue (other than my iBook not seeing it, but tracked that down to my wifi router needing a kick).

dfsuther
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

How about a smart playlist that simply shuffles everything in it. Currently the only way to do this with my Roku is to remember to hit the shuffle button on the remote then skip to the next song.

And even when I remember that, the Roku doesn’t do ‘Shuffle by Album’! Can we please have smart playlists that shuffle… By Album, By Grouping, By (whatever other tag you can select)?

Please?

yes, this is less important than getting the ‘beta’ into non-beta state. But still…

jtbse
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

A trick for those using a Roku (in case you don’t already know about it). You can save your playlist as a preset in it’s “shuffled” mode. Just start your playlist playing on the Roku and press the shuffle button as you describe. Then save the current playlist as a preset on the Roku using the remote.

After that, if you play the preset, it will automagically start playing shuffled (including the first song).

Of course this isn’t *exactly* what your asking Ron for, and there are a limited number of presets, but I use this trick all the time. I have a smart playlist that’s pretty much everything in my library, and play it as a “shuffled preset” almost every day! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.