Shared libr. not visible – Firefly&Vista, iTunes&OSX

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Shared libr. not visible – Firefly&Vista, iTunes&OSX

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I have installed bonjour/firefly on my Vista machine. When running iTunes on the same machine I can see the firefly as a shared library in iTunes.

The problem is I do not see the firefly library on my macbook. I have opened up UDP 5353 and TCP3689 and TCP/UDP 9999 on my firewall (I also tried with the Vista and OSX firewalls turned off completely to eliminate it as a cause) but nothing helped.

iTunes library sharing between 2 macbooks is no problem.

Is the setup I want feasible or should firefly run on a mac in order to connect to it from another mac?

Is there a way I can verify Bonjour is running correctly on my Vista machine (besides verifying it’s service status is running)? E.g. should I be able to see the Vista machine somewhere in OSX?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found the answer in another thread on this forum, the solution for me was to run the below command on my mac:

dns-sd -P MediaCenter _daap._tcp . 9999 MediaCenter.local. [FIREFLY SERVER IPADDRESS] &

After that all was running smoothly!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.