setup error…id3tag.h not found???

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues setup error…id3tag.h not found???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    supergper
    Participant

It errors out at this part of the install, is this supposed to be in a lib or package I was supposed to pre-install? OS is CentOS…thanks

rpedde
    Participant

Yup, it’s looking for libid3tag. Probably you’ve got libid3tag and some kind of libid3tag-dev package. You’ll need the -dev package.

Actually, I’m looking on the web, and centos is a rhel clone, like whitebox, right?

Probably the easiest thing to do is build an RPM for it. Probably all you need to do is grab the tarball and throw it into /usr/src/redhat(centos, maybe?)/SOURCES, grab a specfile (probably the fc2 specfile) from the contrib directory, and throw that in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.

It’s set up for version 0.2.1.1, so you’ll need to change the version in the specfile to cvs-20050320 (or whatever) then do a rpmbuild -ba

It should tell you if you are missing packages and if so, what.

That’s the easiest way. Otherwise, if you want to build from source, you’ll need the gdbm-dev package, and the libid3tag package.

— Ron

If this is gibberish to you, let me know.

supergper
    Participant

no, that explanation was great…thanks…I actually found out I was missing libid3tag…I installed that and everything went fine…I installed it from source…however, my next question is how do I get it running? I tried chkconfig service mt-daapd start adn it says mt-daapd is not a known service? also how do I get to the web admin page? Am I supposed to move those files to my var/www/html/(create dir here)/? I didn’t realize I could use an RPM till I was done, I might go back through and redo using an RPM. Do I need to un-install anything, or will it just write over what it needs to? CetnOS is actually a “spawn” :laugh: of Fedora…CentOS 4.0 (that I am running) uses Core 3. If you can’t tell I am new to this Linux thing, had my server up and running for about a week now so I am starting to catch on…hardest part is I didn’t install a GUI…its all on command prompt :ohmy:

rpedde
    Participant

I’m not really a redhat guy, I’m a debian guy, but..

copy the mt-daapd.conf and mt-daapd.playlist from the contrib directory into /etc

copy contrib/mt-daapd into /etc/init.d

do a chkconfig –add mt-daapd

edit /etc/mt-daapd.conf to taste, and then do chkconfig service mt-daapd start.

If it’s a core3 clone, then you have howl and oggvorbis libs, so you can compile with those. In fact, if you build a new RPM (which I’d suggest), then you can use the fc3 specfile.

Building rpms is definately the way to go — the files are all tracked by rpm, and you don’t shoot yourself in the foot stomping on RPM files with selfinstalled files.

supergper
    Participant

awesome thanks for the help. I already editted the .conf file to taste and coppied thats and the .playlist over, but I didn’t copy contrib/mt-daapd into etc/init.d or do a chkconfig –add mt-daapd I’ll give it a try adn see what happens, if it still doesn;t work I’ll start over with an RPM…thanks again :dry:

rpedde
    Participant

In the document section, there may be more stuff (perhaps even stuff on building from rpm)

Give a shout if you need a hand.

— Ron

supergper
    Participant

one last thing, so do I not need the web browser admin panel if its editted in the .conf file? If I do need it how do I access it?

rpedde
    Participant

Right now, the web admin is really kind of view-only. In progress is a web-based playlist editor, and hopefully more web-based admin.

You can’t really disable it — the webserver is necessary for serving the audio, so you can’t turn it off or anything.

Generally, though, it’s just informative… how many songs in the database, who is currently listening to songs, etc.

You can get to it by http’ing to the port you have set up as the daap port, usually 3689:

http://server.name:3689

You’ll be prompted for a username and password. Username can be anything, password is the “admin_pw” in the conf file.

— Ron

supergper
    Participant

ok…few more questions.

first off, I think I have everything ready to go but when I try to start the program it gives me this error:

execvp: no such file or directory

second, I tried to install from an RPM but it says I need Howl, well I have already installed Howl??? Can anyone point me to a good Howl RPM? I found a few but none of them worked for me.

rpedde
    Participant

If you have no howl, then it’s not a fc3 based distro… might be rhel or fc2.

Two choices — either rebuild a source rpm (find on on dag or something and do:

rpmbuild –rebuild path/to/howl.src.rpm

that will build it, then install it

rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/howl.rpm (or whatever the file name is)

Or, you can build the mt-daapd rpm with the fc2 specfile, which doesn’t use howl, it uses the built-in mdns responder.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.