You are here: Home » Topic » Server is Deteced but No Songs (Ubuntu – Dapper)

Server is Deteced but No Songs (Ubuntu – Dapper)

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Server is Deteced but No Songs (Ubuntu – Dapper)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fizze 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have spent 2 days trying to figure out how to make this work.. 🙁

I have managed to connect to the server from my Soundbridge (and from an iTunes on Mac computer), but when I browse (on Soundbridge) or click on the shared library (on Mac’s iTunes), there is no song whatsoever.

I have also managed to open the web configuration page (I keep the default port 3689).

Please help me!

Can somebody lay out a step-by-step guide on how to clean-install Firefly on Dapper?

P.S. I used the latest nightly build.

What OS are you running firefly on?
    It seems that firefly doesn’t load its plugins, hence doesnt understand any files.
    Check your config file, especially the plugin_dir, and see if firefly’s user has the right permissions.

I’m running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake)

When I typed in http://localhost:3689 on my browser, this is what I get:

Not found
    Error 404 mt-daapd: svn-1586
    Error: No such file or directory

I could see the server on my Soundbridge, and I could connect to it, but when I tried to Browse, it says “0 content” or something

Ok, this is probably a permission problem.
    On Ubuntu runs as user nobody. Make sure that user has access to.)

the directory where the plugins reside
      the directory where the DB resides
      the web_root directory for firefly
      the directory where the music files are at

You can chown the former 2 directories to that user, while you probably have to take more care about the permissions to the music directory.

To find out all these paths, check your config file /etc/mt-daapd.conf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.