Server and songs appear in iTunes but do not play

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Server and songs appear in iTunes but do not play

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve had a look and can’t find any postings relating to the same problem as this, but apologies if I’ve missed any.

I have installed mt-daapd on my linux ‘server’ and can see the server and songs in iTunes on both my Mac and my XP box. When I double-click the songs or click ‘play’ nothing happens – there is no sound and the song time does not change.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem – works fine on one machine running XP, get same issue as you under Vista on another machine … did you solve this problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi db,

Unfortunately I didn’t and now have a different machine. I haven’t actually set up Firefly on it yet but have that scheduled for the next week or so. I’m going to be running it in a VirtualBox guest virtual machine so I have some networking things to sort out first.

Sorry not to be able to help.

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, it worked briefly (then the machine couldn’t find the itunes server again, but that’s another problem!)

I don’t precisely know what kicked it into action, but it suddenly started working after doing the vista registry hack needed to allow you to get access to network shares under vista on a readnas box( http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101700.asp#Why_am_I_not_able_to_access_ReadyNAS_share_that_is_password_protected_with_Vista.3F )

I’m pretty sure this was what got it working (but not 100% sure!)

EVILRipper
    Participant

Ouch. This is one fix that should not be forgotten. iTunes indeed sees the firefly as a “network share” of music over the network. And I wouldn’t expect iTunes to prompt for access in Vista.
    Nice find!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.