Sercomm Update Utility…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave.B
    Participant

Just a heads up really… I know pretty much everyone here will probably never need the Sercomm Update Utility (again 😳 ), but I noticed on the NSLU2-Linux wiki that it has been missing for some time, with no source available for download. However, they have just managed to find a copy again and they have a working link, at least for now.
    If anyone ever needs it again, I am keeping a copy, so if it ever disappears again, I will happily email it to anyone who needs it. Hopefully others will do the same.

I only mention this because I bricked my slug when unslinging (by hitting “refresh” in IE at just the wrong moment – it’s very easily done… although not a second time!), and this little program sorted things out in about 30 seconds flat. Worth it’s hypothetical weight in gold IMO, as the only alternatives for reviving a dead slug involve hardware solutions.

So, if anyone is embarking on the unslinging process, take the time to download this utility first – you probably won’t need it, but if you do, you’ll appreciate it.

g0pkh
    Participant

I also have a copy of the sercom utility myself, so don’t hesitate to ask if anyone needs a copy.

richdunlop
    Participant

@g0pkh wrote:

I also have a copy of the sercom utility myself, so don’t hesitate to ask if anyone needs a copy.

Same here. I’ve taken a backup as it took me ages to track a copy down the other week.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.