Segmentation Fault on mp3 scan -> libgdbm problem?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Segmentation Fault on mp3 scan -> libgdbm problem?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was having trouble running the mt-daapd service, and I get a segfault while running mt-daapd from the command line:

Adding /backups/music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Alexi Murdoch/Time Without Consequence/08 Blue Mind.m4p
    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread -1208154432 (LWP 6334)]
    0x006e9dda in _gdbm_get_bucket () from /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2
    (gdb)

Any idea what would cause this? this is happening during the scan time.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hm…. anyone?

*shameless bump*

stretch
    Participant

Almost no information to go on here.
    What platform is Firefly running on?

What i can tell you is that a) you’re using the rather ancient 0.2.4.x version & b) you’re scanning a drm protected file which Firefly can’t use anyway.

When faults happen during a scan it’s because of corrupted metadata within the music file.
    What happens when you remove that file?

Anonymous
    Inactive

[root@backup src]# uname -a
    Linux backup 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 5 11:02:47 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    [root@backup src]# cat /etc/redhat-release
    CentOS release 4.7 (Final)

Are you sure? I’m using 0.2.4.2 which I got from the download page which led me here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=98211&package_id=105189 (2008-04-19). Should I be using the nightly builds?

2) Any way to get firefly to skip drm protected/corrupt files? Seems like that should be a pretty standard feature to me, instead of crashing everything.

Changing the mp3dir to one without protected files got it to work for me.

stretch
    Participant

any version of firefly that has a version number starting with 0.2.4 is ancient.
    0.2.4.2 was released very recently BUT it was a security patch for an ancient version.

The nightly version are much more advanced & are available from http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/

svn-1586 & svn-1696 are both fairly stable but svn-1696 does have some problems on some platforms.
    e.g. use an sqlite3 db instead of sqlite2 on an NSLU2

The nightlies only use sqlite2 or 3 db’s which is how i worked out you’re using an old version

drm protected files usually have an m4p extension, remove it from the extensions list & Firefly will ignore them.
    It’s not the drm causing Firefly to choke, it’s corrupted metadata within that particular track that’s crashing Firefly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.