You are here: Home » Topic » Segfault on plugin loading

Segfault on plugin loading

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1666
    barefoot
    Participant

    Hi there,

    I am trying to run mt-daapd on an Asus Wl500gp with Oleg’s firmware. It is running somehow, but I have to delete all plugins in advance. If the server wants to load a plugin (no matter which), I get a segmentation fault, and that’s it.

    This is very sad, because I need the rsp plugin to communicate with my Pinnacle box…

    I can’t think of this being an known issue… any hints how to debug this?

    #12255
    rpedde
    Participant

    @barefoot wrote:

    Hi there,

    I am trying to run mt-daapd on an Asus Wl500gp with Oleg’s firmware. It is running somehow, but I have to delete all plugins in advance. If the server wants to load a plugin (no matter which), I get a segmentation fault, and that’s it.

    This is very sad, because I need the rsp plugin to communicate with my Pinnacle box…

    I can’t think of this being an known issue… any hints how to debug this?

    That’s almost always a library issue. Will it run like this:


    /opt/lib/ld.so.1 /opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

    If so, then there are conflicting libraries somewhere.

    — Ron

    #12256
    barefoot
    Participant

    I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

    #12257
    barefoot
    Participant

    @barefoot wrote:

    I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

    Seems that “ld.so.1″ is not part of the Asus firmware (at least the Oleg ones” anymore.

    Any chance with setting a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH or anything?

    #12258
    rpedde
    Participant

    @barefoot wrote:

    @barefoot wrote:

    I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

    Seems that “ld.so.1″ is not part of the Asus firmware (at least the Oleg ones” anymore.

    Any chance with setting a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH or anything?

    Sure you can try that. Try setting it to /opt/lib and see what that does. I’ve seen some libc’s that don’t inherit environment on fork (or something — not sure what) and still won’t work even with that setting.

    Worth trying, though.

    #12259
    barefoot
    Participant

    @rpedde wrote:

    @barefoot wrote:

    @barefoot wrote:

    I don’t have “/opt/lib/ld.so.1” on my box. There is nothing beginning with “ld*” there (except ldconfig). Did I forget to install anything?

    Seems that “ld.so.1″ is not part of the Asus firmware (at least the Oleg ones” anymore.

    Any chance with setting a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH or anything?

    Sure you can try that. Try setting it to /opt/lib and see what that does. I’ve seen some libc’s that don’t inherit environment on fork (or something — not sure what) and still won’t work even with that setting.

    Worth trying, though.

    Did not help. I threw my version away and compiled from sources. Everything works like charm now. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.