seeking browser based player to run on machine near stereo

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion seeking browser based player to run on machine near stereo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bhyde
    Participant

I have a mt-daapd server, thanks all! Works great.

I also have a machine (mac os x) that can feed audio to my stereo.

I would like to run a web server on that machine to enable the family to Q up media for the stereo from their laptops. Any suggestions?

rpedde
    Participant

@bhyde wrote:

I have a mt-daapd server, thanks all! Works great.

I also have a machine (mac os x) that can feed audio to my stereo.

I would like to run a web server on that machine to enable the family to Q up media for the stereo from their laptops. Any suggestions?

For web based jukebox management, I’d recommend webjuke or slimserver. Won’t integrate with your daap server, but they could be run in parallel.

Daap isn’t very amenable to server-side control, it’s more of a client-side control thing.

bhyde
    Participant

Thanks!

Right, that appears to be the right answer. While, itunes can play daap (duh) and it’s applescript enabled a few web UIs these don’t appear to be able to play shared music. The few other software daap clients don’t sport web UIs.

So setting up a second music server appears the way to go. mpd is easy to setup on the mac since darwinports supports it, and it has a lot of clients including ones with a web UI and Theremin, a nice mac native one. (There is are mumblings about daap client support appearing in mpd.)

Looking at slimserver&softsequeeze. … that was pretty easy to set up. Hm; java…

Thanks for your work, and the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.