security features

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mas
    Participant

– IP (range) limits as of where the server serves its music and lists to
    – Something like a relogin delay on 5x wrong password or so

rpedde
    Participant

@mas wrote:

– IP (range) limits as of where the server serves its music and lists to
    – Something like a relogin delay on 5x wrong password or so

Some address based stuff will probably go in there, but that will be more for setting configuration — transcoding to mp3 based on destination ip address, for example.

From the standpoint of security, if I do implement something, it will probably to enable optional compilation with libwrap.

On the other hand, it’s never really meant to be an internet accessible server. I certainly wouldn’t use it in that capacity. I haven’t really given it the hard look that it would have to have for me to feel comfortable using it exposed on the public internet. That’s why all the documentation refers to using ssh tunnels.

— Ron

CCRDude
    Participant

Oh, I read this only after answering in that other topic 😉

But whether you’re running Firefly on Windows or Linux, you could probably just adjust the access rights through the firewall, which would offer you a multitude of options anyway, e.g. port triggering and more.

mas
    Participant

Yes one could solve it with a good firewall setup also, but its likely the more complicated way and not all firewalls may be good enough to do it.
    E.g. I havent found out yet how to allow access to a certain port only from specific IPs in my hardware router.

I am by the way right now using my world-wide accessible library as I am not at home where my NSLU is standing right now, but have a roku and a flatrate for internet also here so I was too tempted to just do it.

How hacker-safe that simple password system is I also dunno however. There I also had some doubts hence the feature request here. 😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.