RSS Tracklist Feed Plugin?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    crouchingbadger

Hi Ron,

Firefly [svn-1518] has been installed at home since about February and does a great job with our old friend the Roku Soundbridge. Even better than that it’s stable and never breaks. Great stuff, well done!

I keep thinking it ought to do x/y/z, though and I was starting to wonder about writing some kind of plugin for doing things like making an RSS feed of recently played tracks, or maybe adding to Last.fm stats, etc.

It seems to me from what I’ve read that the plugins aren’t exactly community-contributed, so maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. Would the API help me?

rpedde
    Participant

@crouchingbadger wrote:

Hi Ron,

Firefly [svn-1518] has been installed at home since about February and does a great job with our old friend the Roku Soundbridge. Even better than that it’s stable and never breaks. Great stuff, well done!

I keep thinking it ought to do x/y/z, though and I was starting to wonder about writing some kind of plugin for doing things like making an RSS feed of recently played tracks, or maybe adding to Last.fm stats, etc.

It seems to me from what I’ve read that the plugins aren’t exactly community-contributed, so maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. Would the API help me?

Ya, the plugin api isn’t really stable yet, that’s really the issue.

But the plugins are simple enough.

Look at plugins/rsp.c. That grabs some of the web namespace. The exported functions are all (sadly not well documented) in ff-plugins.h.

The rsp plugin also does everything you need to do, it enumerates the database, returns browse stuff and even throws out xml.

It’s pretty close to an rss feed plugin as-is.

That might be an okay place to start. You can always ask me direct questions via email at [email protected], or on #mt-daapd on freenode, or as rpedde68 on aim (when I’m at my computer).

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.