Roku Preset broken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cromei
    Participant

Here’s a wierd one… I updated to 1348, and when I run a preset, I get cannot connect to server MyMusic, it waits a couple of seconds and the Roku says Play My Music… It worked on 1333… I also noticed my Play last server had the same messaging.

I am posting here since this is the only thing I changed…
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

Here’s a wierd one… I updated to 1348, and when I run a preset, I get cannot connect to server MyMusic, it waits a couple of seconds and the Roku says Play My Music… It worked on 1333… I also noticed my Play last server had the same messaging.

I am posting here since this is the only thing I changed…
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Craig

Can you connect at all? And if you re-build the preset does it work?

The only thing I could think would be that the server name changed, but you would have recognized that already.

I don’t have a good answer for that.

Unless it’s a transient mdns thing (old version shutdown badly, and didn’t release the name, and the new server came up with a different name)

Maybe turning everything off, starting iTunes a couple times, then turning everything back on? Something like Bonjour Browser or iStumbler will help see what rendezvous names are registered — could help troubleshooting.

cromei
    Participant

Can you connect at all? And if you re-build the preset does it work?

Yup, no problem connecting and I rebuilt the preset, no help.

Maybe turning everything off, starting iTunes a couple times, then turning everything back on? Something like Bonjour Browser or iStumbler will help see what rendezvous names are registered — could help troubleshooting.

Rebooted NSLU2,still no help.

It is funny, because thw whole sequence I go through on the SB is turn on, it automatically connects to MyMusic server, then my remote control macro turns the SB off, waits 5 sec and hits the preset A1. I get the Server unavailable message, and then it goes to the screen Play MyMusic. And The I can connect and no issue. So I go from Connect ot can not connect to connect.

I have also tried from everything being shut down and hitting the PresetA1 button and it still gets the Server unavailable message.

I have to do the fancy turn off part due to how my Logitech Remote works with automated macros…

I forgot to mention I was on a NSLU2, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any advice.
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

@cromei wrote:

It is funny, because thw whole sequence I go through on the SB is turn on, it automatically connects to MyMusic server, then my remote control macro turns the SB off, waits 5 sec and hits the preset A1. I get the Server unavailable message, and then it goes to the screen Play MyMusic. And The I can connect and no issue. So I go from Connect ot can not connect to connect.

Maybe a drive spin-down issue? I know initial connects to my slug take a while if the drive is spun down.

But what about basics… forget about the funky remote control stuff. Can you manually turn on the roku, connect to the server, and play preset a1?

I don’t know if this is a server problem or a roku problem or a macro remote-control problem. Or all three. What does work?

rpedde
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@cromei wrote:

Maybe a drive spin-down issue? I know initial connects to my slug take a while if the drive is spun down.

But what about basics… forget about the funky remote control stuff. Can you manually turn on the roku, connect to the server, and play preset a1?

I don’t know if this is a server problem or a roku problem or a macro remote-control problem. Or all three. What does work?

Oh… and have you physically unplugged the roku and restarted it?

cromei
    Participant

Everything works except commands that automatically connect to “MyMusic”. Presets, connect to last server….

Oh… and have you physically unplugged the roku and restarted it?

D’oh… Why didn’t I think of that!!! Back up and running perfectly. Roku must save some sort of server info saved….

Thanks Ron!
    Craig

rpedde
    Participant

D’oh… Why didn’t I think of that!!! Back up and running perfectly. Roku must save some sort of server info saved….

Ha!

I almost didn’t, except that right after I read your post, my soundbridge wouldn’t connect and I had to reboot it. 🙂

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.