rescan interval–how about using minutes?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests rescan interval–how about using minutes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    toecheese
    Participant

This is minor I know, but who needs to rescan their library in a number definable in seconds? I want firefly to rescan my library only a couple of times a week and I need to break out a calculator to figure out how many seconds that is. Wouldn’t making this field use minutes make it easier for 99% of users?

rpedde
    Participant

@toecheese wrote:

This is minor I know, but who needs to rescan their library in a number definable in seconds? I want firefly to rescan my library only a couple of times a week and I need to break out a calculator to figure out how many seconds that is. Wouldn’t making this field use minutes make it easier for 99% of users?

Because you know 3.5 days in minutes, but not seconds? I’m pretty sure I’d have to break out the calculator for that one, too. 🙂

Yeah, I guess I could, but I’m kind of reluctant to do it now, since it’s already ingrained that way.

Guess I could make some helpers for it, like accept something like:

3.5d or 24h or something like that. I don’t mind that idea.

— Ron

toecheese
    Participant

Thanks. I would have suggested hours as the preferred unit, but I’m sure somewhere there’s a user adding music furiously who wants to scan more than once an hour.

rpedde
    Participant

@toecheese wrote:

Thanks. I would have suggested hours as the preferred unit, but I’m sure somewhere there’s a user adding music furiously who wants to scan more than once an hour.

K. I’ve got that in the tracker as a feature request.

— Ron

Ephilei
    Participant

Yes, I certainly second using hours (or at least minutes) instead of seconds.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.