Renaming Library kills Firefly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    toecheese
    Participant

I installed Firefly 1.0 svn-1359 and it was working great until I renamed the library from “Firefly Music Server” to “Gary’s Music.” It told me it would have to stop the server to do this, and I said OK–but now it won’t restart. I just ger “failed to start Firefly Media Server.” I tried rebooting, with the same results. Pressing Start doesn’t seem to make any entries in the log. I then tried debug mode and it ran through everything with no errors.

rpedde
    Participant

@toecheese wrote:

I installed Firefly 1.0 svn-1359 and it was working great until I renamed the library from “Firefly Music Server” to “Gary’s Music.” It told me it would have to stop the server to do this, and I said OK–but now it won’t restart. I just ger “failed to start Firefly Media Server.” I tried rebooting, with the same results. Pressing Start doesn’t seem to make any entries in the log. I then tried debug mode and it ran through everything with no errors.

Windows, mac or unix?

If windows, what does the the log file say in the log tab?

toecheese
    Participant

Ths is Windows XP SP2, sorry. Meanwhile I was able to resolve the problem by setting Firefly to start when Windows starts. For some reason if I start it manually, it doesn’t like to restart once it quits. If I boot up with it on, then it seems to stop and start OK.

As for the log tab, when I was having the problem it said nothing. It didn’t add any entries when I hit the start server button.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.