Removing Duplicates from iTunes Music folder on MSS+

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Removing Duplicates from iTunes Music folder on MSS+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    squashuax
    Participant

Something went wrong, and I now have 2 copies of everything in my iTunes Music folder on the MSS+. That means that FireFly plays every song 2x when I listen to an album. I’m looking for a quick way to get rid of the extra copies.

Here is my best effort to reconstruct what led to this:
    -I noticed when I added a new CD to iTunes did not show up in the iTunes Music folder on the MSS+, so I went to one of the songs in iTunes, and right clicked “show in windows explorer,” and found the song on my c: drive. I checked iTunes preferences, and discovered that the iTunes Music folder location had reverted to my hard (c:) drive instead of the MSS+ (y:) drive. My bext guess is that the MSS+ was “spun down” when I loaded the new album into iTunes, and when iTunes couldn’t access the network drive, it defaulted to c:.
    -So I switched the iTunes Music folder back to the MSS+, and then (this was probably my mistake) used the “consolidate library” function in iTunes to get everything into one place. The result is that everything looks normal in iTunes, but the iTunes Music folder on the MSS+ has two copies of everything.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

blamm
    Participant

Hi.

iTunes appears to have a duplicate removal function.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307142

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.