Remotely tagging songs

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jjh
    Participant

Good point, that would work for me as well! Maybe I should have a look at those specialized tag editors. I have so far mostly used iTunes, and I have to admit that during the discussion, i had iTunes as player and tag editor in mind. The problem with iTunes is that it locks the library so only one person can edit tags at a time. So I thought: A bunch of people (using iTunes, connected via firefly) could play and tag songs at the same time if only firefly supported tag editing. Anyway, this is how I was thinking. As for now, it is interesting for me to see how others are using firefly, so thank you CCRDude for your feedback!

neu242

I have really been missing remote tag editing as well. I run into tags with errors every day when I stream music to my work place, it’s quite annoying.

Has there been any progress on this issue?

fizze
    Participant

Well CCRDude, the issue is that with a large library ratings become more and more useful.
    And ratings aren’t really a static thing. If there would be a nice program that I can use to listen to my music and also rate it, I’m happy. (Many tools do this)
    But I haven’t found a single one that also stores the ratings in the track’s metadata yet.

Banshee 1.6 is said to have this feature. A previous patch sadly doesn’t work anymore.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.