rating smart playlist empty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, and first thanks for this wonderful tool I’m using with my mac 10.5, itunes and my Soundbridge Radio.

Here’s my matter : I created a smart playlist on firefly but can’t make it work, contrary to another one that works ok. The one that doesn”t work tries to filter on that query : rating is 4 or 5 stars.
    I tried to type various things :
    rating > 4
    rating = 5
    rating = 80
    rating > 70
    rating = 100

nothing works
    my itunes library is uptodate (scan + full scan done), my firmware is the latest and i really don’t know why it doesn’t work, since some other filters work (eg. : a “wakethelove” smart playlist is my snooze, with the title contains “love” criteria, works perfectly). Thanks for your help.

Antoine

fizze
    Participant

Does firefly scan and process your iTunes.xml?

Check out this wonderful page: http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Smart_playlists

for some info on rating. 80 equals 4 stars in iTunes, for instance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot.

My songs were on a different folder and i couldn’t move my xml file, so i moved the songs to the home/music folder and everything now works perfectly. No need to add another rating-smart playlist, since itunes’ one is already set.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Antoine

Anonymous
    Inactive

While my dumb questions are so quickly answered (and since the 50 and counting ENGLISH pages about fireplay look like ancient greek to me), i’ve got a simple (but stoopid i guess) question :

Could I add Fireplay or maybe any other existing WEB!! access client to my existing config (mac os 10.5, firefly & soundbridge radio) in order to listen to my HOME music (70 Gb files and counting) via ANY other computer via web ?

I must add I own a 25 gb space on a webdomain.

Thanks for your precious answers (what i already read was either concerning something else than soundbridgeradio, either for pc’s, either aimed at geniuses ) Not at me 😉

Antoine

fizze
    Participant

Yes, thats certainly possible.
    If your files stay on your computer at home, you need to configure a webserver to be accesible from the internet, and host for instance FirePlay there.

If you copy your files to your 25G web-hoster then you could install firefly on there, (only possible if you got a rootshell, or something similiar, plain http/ftp won’t do) then you could do the same.

Or, you could just use bonjour-proxy to forward your firefly server from home to anyone else, depending on how open (or closed) your home network is to the internet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply.

Since i couldn’t upload all my stuff in the webserver, i decided to keep on hosting my media library on my computer running firefly. So i didn’t follow your second idea. Since i didn’t see any help on how to configure Bonjour on this forum thus I went for the first idea.

The thing is, i didn’t have to install any webserver, since firefly is already one. I just had to open the port and forward it, plus activate the dyndns service (that changes my IP to a dyndns free webdomain) on my router. I also configured the password on the conf file, as it was written on my first login. It now works from away. Just for info : a friend’s presence was very helpful, since the topics are more like techtalk to newbies like me.

I now experience strange things though :
    – my files’ stream is very slow (it downloads the files slower than i can hear them, … sad!) (i must add my connection is a 2 meg/512, it’s not that slow !)
    – and, when my smart playlists work like a charm on itunes, and used to work perflectly on my soundbridge radio just before i configured Fireplay, it now just works on itunes, not anymore on my radio, neither on Fireplay. … Though I didn’t change anything on firefly’s config page, neither on itunes prefs, neither on the radio… What did I do wrong ? What must be changed to let them appear again ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers

Antoine

fizze
    Participant

Ok, so you just made firefly and DAAP accesible to the outside world. This certainly is possible, but this is a security risk.
    The authentication required to access firefly is definetly not a strong one.

Anyway. 512 kbps upstream are a gross rate, and should do to play mp3s up to 256 kbps fine. But when you play flac or some other lossless files, Im sure that bandwith is a bottleneck.

What does the (smart) playlist tab in firefly’s config say? See any smart playlists?
    Or do you see them any they just do not return any tracks at all?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi again fizze,

As you mentioned, my connection should do to play mp3’s, and mine are between 160-256 average. I don’t have any other kind of files (no ogg, no flac, no wav, …) on my library. That’s what seems strange. This problem is then still unsolved.

Concerning the smart playlist tab in my firefly config, i remotely watched it a minute ago (i’m currently at work) and it says :

Smart Playlists
    ID Playlist Name Type Action
    1 Library Smart
    Add new playlist

and that’s it.
    As i told you, these settings were fine to me before installing fireplay, because the ones installed with itunes are perfect for me (especially my best ones, rated) and it used to be recognised on the radio.
    So i just would like to get it back to normal on the radio, (it’s fine not having any on fireplay).
    And please don’t advise me to deinstall fireplay 😉 I’m now too glad to listen to (sssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwww) music.

Thanks in advance

fizze
    Participant

Seems your smart playlists were lost.
    Perhaps due to some changes in the configuration file?
    What version of mt-daapd are you running, anyway?

Anonymous
    Inactive

the thing is, as i told you, i didn’t change anything in the config page, neither in any page of firefly server (apart from adding the fireplay files and adding a password as required in the conf file). strange … ??,,..

The only info i got about the version is in the adout firefly tab of the server config web page :
    “This is the administrative web interface for the Firefly Media Server, version svn-1359. “
    Since no stable downloads are available in a format i know for mac (.dmg, .zip, …) I think I installed a version directly in the roku page at this time (http://www.rokulabs.com/support_sb_dwnld_firefly.php) where a dmg was available. It says on this page “1.0”.

Do you think a more recent stable (I’ll have to know how to install from a .tar.gz then) or nightly stable/unstable build (I noticed there were dmg’s here) would/could fix my problem ?

Thanks for your reply

Antoine

Hope this helps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.