Radio .url files and Soundbridge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a .url file that describes a radio station. I can see it when I select my music server in iTunes, but I don’t see it on my Soundbridge. Is this a limitation of the Soundbridge or am I doing something wrong?

Andy

P.S. I know that the soundbridge has radio presets, but I would like to group stations together in playlists, for example “UK”, “Arizona”, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

DUH – nevermind, I found it by searching by name. Not sure what higher level category it is stored under.

rpedde
    Participant

That’s exactly why I put radio stations in files like that — so I could group them in playlists.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I created a file called “Radio – UK.url”. Inside is a single station “Capital Radio”. I can search by title on my SB for “rad” and find it, but how can I use the browse feature to find this entry?

Also can you give an example playlist definition to get specific groups of radio stations? Genre = radio?

Thanks!

Andy

Post edited by: ajayre, at: 2006/02/28 18:56

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to spam – I have another question:

I created the following .url file:

32,Capital Radio,mms://ms1.capitalinteractive.co.uk/fm_high

The SB showed “Unable to Play…”. I cut and pasted the URL into one of the SB radio presets, and it works.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Playlist:

type = “url”

or

description = “Playlist URL”

for a playlist for streaming audio.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ron,

Sorry to be so dense on this, but how can I create a playlist for UK stations, a playlist for Arizona stations, etc?

Also any ideas why the URL works when entered directly into the SB, but not when used from a .url file?

Thanks!

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

the soundbridge does mms streaming, but iTunes doesn’t. In fact, if you put a mms url in iTunes it just chokes on it. So the soundbridge (afaik) won’t use a mms url that get’s sent from iTunes. Only when entered on the radio station slots in the web interface. Kinda lame, but there ya go.

For playlists:

You can use a regular m3u playlist for you other stuff.

— snip: Arizona.m3u —
    /path/to/some/streaming.url
    /path/to/another/streaming.url
    — snip —

Make .m3u files with paths to the .url files you want on a playlist, as above.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

Andy

milleri
    Participant

I’ve noticed a couple of issues with streaming radio using .url files and .m3u play lists.

This one causes the Soundbridge to reboot:

20,BBC World Service,http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live_infent_au_nb.asx

This one, like many stations, has a advertisement prepended to the stream, but in this case the advertisement repeats endlessly and the stream never plays.

20,KQED,http://www.kqed.org/listen/live/wm/kqedradio.asx

The Soundbridges in on 2.7.78 and Firefly is on SVN-1463.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.