Q about ‘songs served’ and playcount in Firefly on NSLU2

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Q about ‘songs served’ and playcount in Firefly on NSLU2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shumway
    Participant

Hi,

I’m pretty new to Firefly on the slug, and after having it running for about a month, a couple of question has appeared
    that I cannot seem to find answers for, so I hope someone here can help.
    I’ve noticed that whenever I reboot the slug the ‘songs served’ counter in FireFly resets.
    Is this by design or is there something wrong with my installation?
    I’m running the latest nightly (1400) and it happened as well when I ran 1376. If it’s by design, is there any way to stop it from resetting?

Another question: Is there any way to see the actual playcount on the different songs?

Thanks in advance.

/Lars

rpedde
    Participant

@Shumway wrote:

I’ve noticed that whenever I reboot the slug the ‘songs served’ counter in FireFly resets.
    Is this by design or is there something wrong with my installation?

That’s what it’s supposed to be doing. Well… in th sense that it is working in the manner that it’s programmed to do.

You seem to want persistent stats, and I don’t disagree with you on that. It seems like that would be a nice feature.

It probably will come as part of a scriptable event handler though.

I’m running the latest nightly (1400) and it happened as well when I ran 1376. If it’s by design, is there any way to stop it from resetting?

not currently.

Another question: Is there any way to see the actual playcount on the different songs?

Only by looking directly at the database. You can do that with any kind of sqlite table browser, and you can make smart playlists using the playcounts, but right now you can’t see the metainfo on individual songs. I may expose that info soon, through the web interface, though.

Shumway
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply. Even though it wasn’t completely the answers I was hoping for, but I guess it isn’t possible to get it all for free ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up the good work. It’s really appreciated. Btw is there anywhere one can make a donation for this?

brgds
    Lars

rpedde
    Participant

@Shumway wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply. Even though it wasn’t completely the answers I was hoping for, but I guess it isn’t possible to get it all for free ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up the good work. It’s really appreciated. Btw is there anywhere one can make a donation for this?

There is a sourceforge “beg” page here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/project_donations.php?group_id=98211

Bear in mind that I don’t really need contributions, but it would certainly give you a heavy club with which to beat me for feature requests. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.