problems with win32 port

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

Post issues with the win32 port here. I hope to get this on par with the unix side quickly.

Known issues:

1. Paths in config file must be full paths, not relative paths
    2. Paths must be local, not UNC (I think?)
    3. sqlite3 doesn’t work (threading issues)

Please post results here though.

rpedde
    Participant

The only one left here is sqlite3. At least a brief look seems to show that it all seems to be working. Anyone?

politby

I’m not getting mt-daapd on Windows to pick up iTunes playlists correctly. It shows the playlists, but they have no tracks in them.

– Music files are in subfolders of “My DocumentsMy Music”
    – iTunes library files are in “My DocumentsMy MusiciTunes”
    – All paths in mt-daapd config file are absolute paths

mt-daapd has loaded all tracks correctly, and again also shows the iTunes playlists – so evidently it has parsed the library file.

Anything I can do to get the playlists right, or is this not working in the most recent nightly build?

/POL

rpedde
    Participant

The absolute paths thing isn’t a requirement anymore, but the paths have to be relative to the mt-daapd install directory, as that is the working directory of mt-daapd.

I’ll spend some time looking at the itunes stuff on that, and will post here when I have something.

— Ron

politby

rpedde wrote:

The absolute paths thing isn’t a requirement anymore, but the paths have to be relative to the mt-daapd install directory, as that is the working directory of mt-daapd.

I’ll spend some time looking at the itunes stuff on that, and will post here when I have something.

— Ron

Hmm. So if mt-daapd is installed in C:Program Filesmt-daapd, then the location of the music files and iTunes library would have to be relative to that path? I don’t quite follow. If music files and iTunes folder are in the D:MediaMy Music tree as in my case, how does this work out?

/POL

rpedde
    Participant

no, sorry. Just that if you *don’t* use absolute paths, then directories are relative to the installed dir.

For example if you put:

mp3_dir = ..
    db_dir = db

then mp3_dir would be “c:program files”, and db_dir would be “c:program filesmt-daapddb”

You can still specify full paths, though, so d:wherever would be okay.

politby

Ron, I think I may have found another bug. After a reboot of the Windows machine, the mt-daapd service starts up but does not publicize itself on the network. If I manually go into services.msc and restart mt-daapd, it comes up OK.

Almost as if it was dependent on some other service that may not be started
    yet when mt-daapd is started after a reboot.

/POL

rpedde
    Participant

Yeah, that’s almost certainly a service dependency on bonjour for windows. You can manually fix that on the dependancies tab.

I’ll have to find a “smarter” way of installing the service than I am now.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

Installer dependency is fixed in svn (r902). Don’t know if you experienced it, but there was a password problem with the windows version also. That was fixed in r900.

Still looking at the iTunes playlist issue.

politby

rpedde wrote:

Installer dependency is fixed in svn (r902). Don’t know if you experienced it, but there was a password problem with the windows version also. That was fixed in r900.

Still looking at the iTunes playlist issue.

Are you going to put out a new nightly with these fixes? I can’t seem to add the dependency – there’s no “add” button in the dependency tab of services.msc.

/POL

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.