Problems with Soundbridge M1001/NSLU2 Network

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Problems with Soundbridge M1001/NSLU2 Network

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m back again!

During configuration, etc., I connected everything together via a network router/hub for convenience. Now that I have everything working OK (!) I want to connect the NSLU2 direct to the Soundbridge of course. This I have done using a crossover cable, but the Soundbridge keeps giving a “No DCHP Address” error. Can someone point me in the right direction again please

Mike

EVILRipper
    Participant

Yes. The soundbridge is not assigned with an IP address, which is called DHCP. Normally, a router takes care of DHCP (assigning every connecting device with an IP address). But when you connect the soundbridge directly to the nslu2 with a crossover, none will get an IP.
    For the nslu2, you can setup your own IP, but I don’t think the soundbridge can do that.

So I guess it just isn’t possible having the connected directly. The nearest solution is buying a cheap (wired) router, and placing that one between the nslu2 and the soundbridge.

S80_UK
    Participant

The SoundBridge can easily be set to have a fixed IP – mine do.

See here…

http://www.rokulabs.com/support/soundbridge/static_ip.php

So, if the NSLU2 is at its default – 192.168.1.77 – you could set the SB to something like 192.168.1.100

I have never tried this set up without a router though, so I cannot promise it will all work.

stretch
    Participant

You could install a DHCP server onto the slug
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/DnsMasq

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your help and advice Guys, all sorted

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.