Problems with slug after updating to svn-1696-1

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Problems with slug after updating to svn-1696-1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I hope you can help me.

I have been running mt-daapd on my slug for the last year or so and it has worked fine, i.e. showing up in iTunes and allowing access to the tracks held on the slug via my Pinnacle Soundbridge.

I decided that I would update to the latest version of mt-daapd and ran “ipkg update” using telnet. This seemed to work fine and located the latest files for my slug, including svn-1696-1.

I ran the install and this seemed also to work OK. When asked whether I wanted to retain my existing confif file, I said yes.

However, when I tried to initiate the server using “/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd”, I received an error reply “libFLAG.so.8 cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”.

I checked the log file. This concludes:

Rescanning database
    2007-12-30 22:54:32: Query: delete from songs where id not in (select id from updated)
    2007-12-30 22:54:32: Error: unable to open database file
    2007-12-30 22:54:32: Aborting
    2007-12-30 22:54:32: Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2007-12-30 22:54:32: Aborting

I thought that maybe I was wrong to keep my config file when I installed svn-1696-1. So I reinstalled the ipkg, this time asking for the config file to be over-written. However, this has made no difference to the above problem.

So now iTunes can no longer see my slug and it is no longer accessible via the Soundbridge.

I’d be really grateful if anyone can suggest a way forward on this. I don’t think I’m far off from getting it right.

Thanks in anticipation & Happy New Year.

Alan

fizze
    Participant

svn-1696 is kinda hard on the slug.

Unfortunately sqlite2 support is broken, so you have to upgrade to sqlite3.
    If you have smart playlists and whatnot you probably want to keep your database, so you gotta do a

sqlite /path/to/songs.db .dump | sqlite3 /path/to/songs3.db 

plus change the config to use sqlite3.
    If you don’t give a flying freck on your database, then you can just tell firefly to use sqlite3, and it will rebuild a database from scratch.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the advice, Fizze.

I am not concerned about my play lists, so Ijust changed the config parameter to sqlite3: “db_type=sqlite3”.

However, I am still getting the same error message when I attempt to start the server: “The requested URL ‘%80s’ resolves to a file that is not world-readable”. This almost sounds like some kind of HTML error ?

Any further advice would be appreciated.

One other question. I want to put my MP3 files into my Public Data folder on my slug (Port 2). How can I reference this file within the mp3_dir parameter within the config file ? I have tried “mp3_dir=/DISK2/MP3”, also “mp3_dir=/lkg634596/DISK2/MP3”. However neither of these seem successful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Alan

sonichouse
    Participant

Your disk will be either /share/hdd/data/public/MP3 or /share/flash/data/public/MP3

In my case Port-1 is /share/hdd/data/public

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Sonichouse.

What would be the address of Port 2 ?

Thanks for your help.

Alan

sonichouse
    Participant

@alanstedall wrote:

What would be the address of Port 2 ?

You should see it as /share/flash/data/public

from the command prompt type mount to double check.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fixed !!

Thanks very much for your help.

πŸ˜†

Regards

Alan

sonichouse
    Participant

@alanstedall wrote:

Fixed !!

Thanks very much for your help.

πŸ˜†

Regards

Alan

No problem.
    Happy listening πŸ˜€

πŸ˜† 300 posts !!! πŸ˜†

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.