Problems with installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zoxxo
    Participant

I’m not a Linux user, but I’ve been muddling through the setup trying to get mt-daapd working on my NSLU2 with little success. I did get the NSLU2 flashed and unslung. I ran”ipkg install mt-daapd” and received a message that stated that I had to review the config file and then run S60mt-daapd. This is where I am stuck. I attempt to run S60mt-daapd and I receive a “no such file or directory” message. Can anyone help me over this hurdle? I really am excited to get this up and running and to move my music to this platform!

Thanks!

Z

fizze
    Participant

its a script, so you have to run it in the path its located.

If you’ve unslung your slug, it should be located in /opt/etc/init.d.

So the full cmd to run the script is

/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

or you could just chdir to that directory and run it with

./S60mt-daapd
    g0pkh
    Participant

Or just reboot your slug, and it should start at boot.

zoxxo
    Participant

It’s funny how having the wrong path name can screw-up a script. The script now runs and so does Firefly. I had to jump through some hoops to get the config script configured (I’m doing everything from a Windows machine), but I am now able to access my music on the slug. My next two steps are to get all of my music on to the slug hard drive and then to import my iTunes playlists over to Firefly.

One last question, how does one access the web interface for Firefly? It would make administration so much easier for me.

Thanks for all your help!

Z.

rpedde
    Participant

@zoxxo wrote:

It’s funny how having the wrong path name can screw-up a script. The script now runs and so does Firefly. I had to jump through some hoops to get the config script configured (I’m doing everything from a Windows machine), but I am now able to access my music on the slug. My next two steps are to get all of my music on to the slug hard drive and then to import my iTunes playlists over to Firefly.

One last question, how does one access the web interface for Firefly? It would make administration so much easier for me.

Thanks for all your help!

Z.

It’s just http://server:port, where port is the port number you chose in the config file (defaults to 3689). Default password is “mt-daapd”, any username works.

If it complains about not being able to write the config, chown the config file to the “run_as” user in the config. That will make it writable.

— Ron

zoxxo
    Participant

Very cool! Thanks for the help Ron!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.