Problems installing firefly media server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Problems installing firefly media server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi-

I am brand new to this and need to install firefly media server on my XP PC. I have gone to the website and downloaded what I believe is the correct software. It downloaded to my desktop and when I went to install it, it said that I needed to open the file with another application. I downloaded winzip and 7zip which both are suppose to work with .Gzip files. I tried to install it with the 7zip (winzip did not work) and I am having great difficulty. It does not seem to install, and I do not see it in my programs folder. My Roku also is telling me “No libraries found”- can someone give me some direction with this?

Thanks so much-
    S Spiegel 🙁

rpedde
    Participant

@sspiegel wrote:

Hi-

I am brand new to this and need to install firefly media server on my XP PC. I have gone to the website and downloaded what I believe is the correct software. It downloaded to my desktop and when I went to install it, it said that I needed to open the file with another application. I downloaded winzip and 7zip which both are suppose to work with .Gzip files. I tried to install it with the 7zip (winzip did not work) and I am having great difficulty. It does not seem to install, and I do not see it in my programs folder. My Roku also is telling me “No libraries found”- can someone give me some direction with this?

Thanks so much-
    S Spiegel 🙁

Download the one that ends with “.exe” That’s the windows one.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks Ron- I downloaded that file and was able to install Firefly. I thought I had my problem resolved with this and saw that my Roku immediately recognized Firefly (which it did not the other day). I also set the Firefly sharing to recognize libraries and share on lan network. However my Roku is not showing any of my iTunes library- it is telling me that there are 0 items-

Do you have any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this-

Thanks,

Steve

rpedde
    Participant

@sspiegel wrote:

thanks Ron- I downloaded that file and was able to install Firefly. I thought I had my problem resolved with this and saw that my Roku immediately recognized Firefly (which it did not the other day). I also set the Firefly sharing to recognize libraries and share on lan network. However my Roku is not showing any of my iTunes library- it is telling me that there are 0 items-

Do you have any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this-

Thanks,

Steve

Your music directory in firefly probably isn’t pointed to where your music is at.

If your music is stored on a network share, that’s possibly a problem. Otherwise, double-check that your library location as set on the tray icon thing is actually where your music is at.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you again-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.