Problems after updating iMac to Front Row 1.2.2

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Problems after updating iMac to Front Row 1.2.2

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@slab wrote:

Er, heh. Not sure why I thought ‘yes’/’no’ would work.

Anyway, even with the 1/0/0 settings (and confirmed with the web interface), I still get ‘iTunes is not responding.’

I’ll post my working config in a bit, then.

tonyo
    Participant

It still doesn’t work for me as well.

rpedde
    Participant

@tonyo wrote:

It still doesn’t work for me as well.

here is my config:

[general]
    web_root = ../admin-root
    port = 3689
    db_type = sqlite3
    db_parms = ./db
    mp3_dir = new-mp3
    servername = test server osx
    runas = guest
    playlist = /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist
    password =
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p,.aif,.aiff,.ogg,.flac,.url,.wma
    ssc_codectypes = flac,alac,ogg
    ssc_prog = ./mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    logfile = ./log.log
    art_filename = _folderOpenImage.jpg
    rescan_interval = 600
    always_scan = 0
    scan_type = 2
    process_m3u = 1
    debuglevel = 4
    admin_pw =

[daap]
    supports_update = 0
    empty_strings = 1
    supports_browse = 0

[scanning]
    concat_compilations = 0
    ignore_dotfiles = 0
    ignore_appledouble = 1
    process_xml = 1

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = ./plugins/.libs
    plugins = rsp.so,ssc-script.so
    mangle_rendezvous = 1

I think the important entry is “empty_strings”, but this config works for me.

— Ron

slab
    Participant

That configuration doesn’t help– still, iTunes (6.0.5) can connect, FrontRow can’t.

(My configuration is almost identical; I have admin_pw set, only .mp3, .m4a, and .m4p in extensions, and no plugins.)

I’ve updated to svn-1303, on Debian. The only thing in the logfile when trying to connect is:

2006-07-13 15:45:48 (b7523bb0): Unknown meta code: daap.songcategory
    2006-07-13 15:45:48 (b7523bb0): Unknown meta code: daap.songcontentdescription
    (...)
    2006-07-13 15:45:48 (b7523bb0): Unknown meta code: com.apple.itunes.is-podcast-playlist
    2006-07-13 15:48:48 (b7523bb0): Thread 0: could not read: No such file or directory

The ‘unknown meta codes’ already seem to be a (minor) known issue, and I imagine that the ‘could not read’ on the thread is a 3-minute timeout on the connection.

rpedde
    Participant

@slab wrote:

That configuration doesn’t help– still, iTunes (6.0.5) can connect, FrontRow can’t.

Hmm.. Seems that playlists work, and that’s it. Wonder if iTunes is requiring the crappy authentication junk?

slab
    Participant

Up to svn-1328, and still no luck; just the same ol’ “iTunes is not responding” from FrontRow, while iTunes itself can handle it dandily.

I’m compiling with ./configure –enable-sqlite3, and my configuration is:

[general]
    web_root = /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    port = 3689
    db_type = sqlite3
    db_parms = /usr/local/var/cache/mt-daapd
    mp3_dir = /share/music
    servername = zaphod
    runas = nobody
    playlist = /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.playlist
    password =
    extensions = .mp3,.m4a,.m4p
    ssc_codectypes = ogg,flac,alac
    ssc_prog = /usr/local/bin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh
    logfile = /var/log/mt-daapd.log
    art_filename = Cover.jpg
    rescan_interval = 600
    always_scan = 0
    scan_type = 2
    process_m3u = 1
    debuglevel = 4
    admin_pw = password

[daap]
    supports_update = 0
    empty_strings = 1
    supports_browse = 0

[scanning]
    concat_compilations = 0
    ignore_dotfiles = 0
    ignore_appledouble = 1
    process_xml = 0

[plugins]
    plugin_dir = /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/plugins
    mangle_rendezvous = 1

mt-daapd is running on Debian unstable. iTunes is version 6.0.5, and Front Row is whatever the latest version is, I believe (I don’t know how to find the version infomation).

(edit: svn-1333 doesn’t work either…)

slab
    Participant

Okay, hrm.

On a whim, I tried svn-1333 on another machine (running gentoo/amd64), and it works just dandily there. Yet on the original machine (debian/i386), I can’t connect with FrontRow…

Same configuration, save for some alterations in paths.

There’re still a lot of variables to work out between the two to try and figure out the problem…
    – The working machine has only one NIC; the other has two, both connected to the same NIC. The ‘metric’ option is set in the routing tables such that it should prefer the gigabit NIC (eth1) for LAN traffic, and the onboard 10/100 (eth0) for Internet-bound traffic (i.e. anything through 192.168.1.1). When connecting with iTunes, all traffic is going through eth1, as expected.
    – They use slightly-different versions of libraries, depending on what the package system has; gentoo has libid3tag-0.15.1b and sqlite-3.2.1-r3, and debian has libid3tag-0.15.1b-8 and sqlite-3.3.5-0.2+b1.
    – The shared music directory is different on both machines; although the working machine’s is four times bigger, so I don’t believe that that is the problem. It’s not working on the other machine, even when I set the shared directory to one that only contains a handful of mp3s.

… Actually, I just tried setting both machines to use a handful of mp3s. Now neither works. Interesting; could the problem be because I just don’t have enough music? ;D

rpedde
    Participant

@slab wrote:

… Actually, I just tried setting both machines to use a handful of mp3s. Now neither works. Interesting; could the problem be because I just don’t have enough music? ;D

Exactly. That’s what I found… I thought it was working, then suddenly stopped. I’m wondering if I’m sending something malformed that iTunes seems to accept okay, but front row doesn’t like somehow. Strange.

— Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.