Problems after updating iMac to Front Row 1.2.2

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Problems after updating iMac to Front Row 1.2.2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tonyo
    Participant

I am happily running mt-daapd Version svn-1082 on a gentoo kurobox.

However, after updating to Front Row 1.2.2 on my iMac(intel), Front Row can no longer access the shared music from the mt-daapd server.
    iTunes, running on the same iMac and iTunes on another Windows PC, are able to access it just fine. Front Row can also properly access shared music from my Windows iTunes server.

When using Front Row, the mt-daapd server appears as a shared music source, but it fails about 25 seconds after selecting it, with Front Row claiming, “iTunes is not responding.”

How can I fix this?

rpedde
    Participant

@tonyo wrote:

When using Front Row, the mt-daapd server appears as a shared music source, but it fails about 25 seconds after selecting it, with Front Row claiming, “iTunes is not responding.”

Hrmph. I’ll have to update my FrontRow and see what’s up. I’ll write back here when I have a fix.

— Ron

tonyo
    Participant

Thanks for looking at this. Any news yet? Is there something I can do to help?

rpedde
    Participant

@tonyo wrote:

Thanks for looking at this. Any news yet? Is there something I can do to help?

Eeerp… Sorry. Check the nightlies page. It’s Fixed For Me ™ in the latest release.

— Ron

slab
    Participant

I’m seeing the ‘iTunes is not responding’ issue in FrontRow (not sure how to find the version) with the 1206 nightly.

With mt-daapd 0.2.4, FrontRow would ask for a password when one wasn’t set– iTunes on the same machine, however, could connect just fine. If iTunes were running and connected in the background, FrontRow would be able to access it without a problem; it just seemed to have trouble connecting on its own.

With 1206, iTunes can connect, but it being connected doesn’t effect FrontRow at all– still get the ‘iTunes is not responding’ error.

rpedde
    Participant

@slab wrote:

I’m seeing the ‘iTunes is not responding’ issue in FrontRow (not sure how to find the version) with the 1206 nightly.

With mt-daapd 0.2.4, FrontRow would ask for a password when one wasn’t set– iTunes on the same machine, however, could connect just fine. If iTunes were running and connected in the background, FrontRow would be able to access it without a problem; it just seemed to have trouble connecting on its own.

With 1206, iTunes can connect, but it being connected doesn’t effect FrontRow at all– still get the ‘iTunes is not responding’ error.

yeah, I’m seeing that too.. strange because I swear it was working at one point.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

yeah, I’m seeing that too.. strange because I swear it was working at one point.

Not sure where the breakage is, exactly, but I found that by going into the config interface (advanced) and setting daap/enable_browse to NO, daap/enable_update to NO, and daap/empty_strings to YES, I got it to work.

Ymmv.

— Ron

slab
    Participant

I tried adding

[daap]
    empty_strings = yes
    supports_browse = no
    supports_update = no

to the configuration file, but no luck– I get the same result. FrontRow sees the server, but can’t connect to it because ‘iTunes is not responding,’ regardless of whether or not iTunes is running/not running/connected to it.

rpedde
    Participant

@slab wrote:

I tried adding

[daap]
    empty_strings = yes
    supports_browse = no
    supports_update = no

to the configuration file, but no luck– I get the same result. FrontRow sees the server, but can’t connect to it because ‘iTunes is not responding,’ regardless of whether or not iTunes is running/not running/connected to it.

No. In the actual config file, it’s:

empty_strings = 1
    supports_update = 0
    support_browse = 0

Only through the web config interface is it “yes/no”. Also, make sure to stop and restart the server if you change the config file directly, and not through the web interface.

— Ron

slab
    Participant

Er, heh. Not sure why I thought ‘yes’/’no’ would work.

Anyway, even with the 1/0/0 settings (and confirmed with the web interface), I still get ‘iTunes is not responding.’

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.