Problem with Leopard…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Pepper

Hi there,

I’ve successfully installed firefly (svn-1586) on a WD MyBook World Edition I, and I’m not able to make Itunes on my MacBook Pro (Leopard 10.5.2, Itunes 7.6.2 (9) ) see the shared server, the only solution I’ve came to is to use dns-sd, but I have to execute the command every time I start the computer and doesn’t seem the best solution to me… I see the server with finder and can mount it, I can access the web interface, and the server seem to be working fine, the only error I can find is that it says that Bonjour is not running.
    (ITunes is of course set to find shared servers, and it does it perfectly with other servers on my network or with the firefly server using dns-sd).

If I use Itunes for windows via BootCamp (Win XP SP2, ITunes version: 7.6.2.9) the firefly server is found instantly and works perfectly, if I use the same version of ITunes with Parallels (from Leopard) the firefly server is seen perfectly also.

Summing up:
    ITunes sees the server on ITunes (WinXP via BootCamp or Parallels), but with Leopard the only way I found to make it work is with dns-sd, with the problem of having to run the command every time I start my computer.

I know I can make a script or run the command on startup, but I see no one is having this problem so I guess the problem is related with my ITunes config or some other issue with Leopard.
    Anyone can help here??

Thanks a lot! :o)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.