You are here: Home » Topic » Problem with large music collection over Internet

Problem with large music collection over Internet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1866
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Hi,

    I set up mt-daapd + ssh tunneling to get my songs over the Internet. It was working alright till I introduced a big music collection (18K songs). Now, from banshee (which was working previously) it seems to be trying to connect for a while, but at the end it says it cannot connect.

    The “-d 9” I get a lot of output when banshee start to try to connect, the last lines are:


    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Enumerating size
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Executing: select * from songs limit 999999 offset 0
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Got size: 5134347
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Item enum: got 18024 songs, dmap size: 5134347
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Added *Content-Length=5134408*
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Length: 5134408
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Expires: -1
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Cache-Control: no-cache
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header DAAP-Server: firefly/svn-1586
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Accept-Ranges: bytes
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Language: en_us
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Type: application/x-dmap-tagged
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Server: mt-daapd/svn-1586
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Connection: keep-alive
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:05:11 GMT
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Done enumerating.
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Entering config_set_status
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Exiting config_set_status
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Terminating
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing request headers
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing response headers
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing request vars

    After that there is no more debug messages and after a while, banshee says it can’t connect.

    Any idea?

    #13158
    rpedde
    Participant

    @luisca wrote:

    Hi,

    I set up mt-daapd + ssh tunneling to get my songs over the Internet. It was working alright till I introduced a big music collection (18K songs). Now, from banshee (which was working previously) it seems to be trying to connect for a while, but at the end it says it cannot connect.

    The “-d 9” I get a lot of output when banshee start to try to connect, the last lines are:


    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Enumerating size
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Executing: select * from songs limit 999999 offset 0
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Got size: 5134347
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Item enum: got 18024 songs, dmap size: 5134347
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Added *Content-Length=5134408*
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Length: 5134408
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Expires: -1
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Cache-Control: no-cache
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header DAAP-Server: firefly/svn-1586
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Accept-Ranges: bytes
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Language: en_us
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Content-Type: application/x-dmap-tagged
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Server: mt-daapd/svn-1586
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Connection: keep-alive
    2007-10-26 07:05:11 (b7130b90): Emitting reponse header Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:05:11 GMT
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Done enumerating.
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Entering config_set_status
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Exiting config_set_status
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Terminating
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing request headers
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing response headers
    2007-10-26 07:07:04 (b7130b90): Thread 0: Freeing request vars

    After that there is no more debug messages and after a while, banshee says it can’t connect.

    Any idea?

    Not sure. Clearly there is something in the output that banshee doesn’t like, or else perhaps it’s timing out.

    Does banshee display any debug information?

    #13159
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    No, unfortunately Banshee does not produce other information. I cannot use Rythmbox since I’m not using the usual port. Can you suggest some other client I could use that provides more debug info?

    #13160
    rpedde
    Participant

    @luisca wrote:

    No, unfortunately Banshee does not produce other information. I cannot use Rythmbox since I’m not using the usual port. Can you suggest some other client I could use that provides more debug info?

    Did you try running banshee from a terminal session to see what got emitted on stdout?

    #13161
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Yes, but saw no relevant messages (no messages between the point when I select the share and when it says it failed) and looks like there isn’t a “banshee -v”. I tried changing to the normal port to use rhythmbox but the share still does not show up, I guess it ignores local shares.

    #13162
    rpedde
    Participant

    @luisca wrote:

    Yes, but saw no relevant messages (no messages between the point when I select the share and when it says it failed) and looks like there isn’t a “banshee -v”. I tried changing to the normal port to use rhythmbox but the share still does not show up, I guess it ignores local shares.

    yeah, that’s a known rhythmbox bug. I think they call it a feature, though.

    #13163
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I tried using iTunes on a mac as client and it lists 15% of the files and playback works fine. Do you know any other client in Linux I could use?

    #13164
    rpedde
    Participant

    @luisca wrote:

    I tried using iTunes on a mac as client and it lists 15% of the files and playback works fine. Do you know any other client in Linux I could use?

    Hrm.. banshee, rhythmbox and amarok are the only linux clients I know of.

    — Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.