Problem starting service (CentOS 4.4)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Problem starting service (CentOS 4.4)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidgoodchild
    Participant

Hi all,

I realise this post may just make me appear a bit of an idiot, but here goes anyway: I am trying to get mt-daapd running on CentOS 4.4 and seem to have been successful except for the fact that whenever I try to start the service I get the response:

Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

My problem is that I don’t know which file or directory it can’t find – as far as I can see, I have created all that needs to be created and given read (or write where needed) permissions to ‘nobody’…

I have searched the forum and google, but can’t find anything that seems to answer this question, can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

David

rpedde
    Participant

@davidgoodchild wrote:

My problem is that I don’t know which file or directory it can’t find – as far as I can see, I have created all that needs to be created and given read (or write where needed) permissions to ‘nobody’…

My guess would be that your init.d script doesn’t match the actual location of the binary. For example, the init.d script is trying to launch /usr/sbin/mt-daapd, but you configured mt-daapd without a “–prefix=/usr”, putting the binary in “/usr/local/sbin”.

See if that’s the case. Does the mt-daapd binary actually exist where the init.d thinks it is? In /usr/sbin?

davidgoodchild
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

See if that’s the case. Does the mt-daapd binary actually exist where the init.d thinks it is? In /usr/sbin?

No, as you suggest, it’s in /usr/local/sbin…

Should I move / copy it? I’m not too good at startup scripts…

D

rpedde
    Participant

@davidgoodchild wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

No, as you suggest, it’s in /usr/local/sbin…

Should I move / copy it? I’m not too good at startup scripts…

D

I’m guessing the rest of your config files don’t properly reflect the location either. Might be better to re-run configure with “–prefix=/usr” – then everything will be in the places you expect.

— Ron

davidgoodchild
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

I’m guessing the rest of your config files don’t properly reflect the location either. Might be better to re-run configure with “–prefix=/usr” – then everything will be in the places you expect.

— Ron

That sounds pretty sensible, I’ll do that.

Thanks for the help…

D

davidgoodchild
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Might be better to re-run configure with “–prefix=/usr” – then everything will be in the places you expect.

— Ron

As a follow-up, to express thanks to Ron and for anyone else who may have a similar problem, I did this and it didn’t work – different error:

Starting DAAP server: /usr/sbin/mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libid3tag.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

So I re-ran configure for libid3tag also with “–prefix=/usr”, at which point it all worked swimmingly.

Thank you.

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.